Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DNR Ranges

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Diver View Post
    Who did you hear that from? I heard just the opposite from one of the regulars out there who is usually pretty well connected.
    Searched some of my old posts/threads.....
    I was mistaken.....
    Last edited by LivoniaDan; 06-10-2020 at 09:40 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by LivoniaDan View Post
    So....... Where are these "Unstaffed Ranges"?
    Is there a list somewhere?

EDIT... I was going to go to LC&SA on Wed to attempt to join (If they had a meeting), but I forgot anyway.
    There is an unmanned range I use all the time in the warmer months up in Atlanta, Mi. just north of the DNR station, it's on is Voyer Lake rd.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    There is an unmanned range I use all the time in the warmer months up in Atlanta, Mi. just north of the DNR station, it's on is Voyer Lake rd.
    So... I may have to go to Atlanta..
    Only been there once for a BlueGrass festival.... Years ago....
    Going to have to see if they still have that too....

THANKS

Update from DNR 6/17/20

The DNR’s Ortonville (Lapeer County), Pontiac Lake (Oakland County), Rose Lake (Clinton County) and Sharonville (Jackson County) staffed shooting ranges will open Thursday, June 18. Until further notice, these ranges will be:

Open Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    Closed Mondays through July 20, due to temporary state employee layoffs.
    Closed Tuesday and Wednesday (normal range closure days).
    Dansville shooting range in Ingham County will remain closed until the state hiring freeze is lifted and staffing becomes available.

COVID-19 precautions
    To ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees, the following precautionary measures have been instituted:

All customers and employees are asked to maintain a social distance of 6 feet from anyone who is not a member of their household, both in the parking lots and on the ranges. The ranges will be marked so customers can clearly identify proper distances.
    The rifle and pistol ranges will be limited to 50% capacity, with an unoccupied bench between each occupied bench.
    Hand sanitizer will be available for customer and employee use on the rifle, pistol and shotgun trap ranges.
    Sanitizing solution will be made available for customers to use on shooting stations, chairs, brooms and other touch points.
    Customers are asked to wear a face covering while inside a building.
    Sandbags, spotting scopes, carpet squares, and eye and ear protection no longer will be provided due to the difficulty in keeping those items sanitized, and it will be up to customers to bring them.
    Trap machines will be available on Sundays in July and August. Range staff will continue to load and operate the trap machines.
    Customers are encouraged to bring their own gloves, hand sanitizer, disinfectant and whatever else they deem necessary to protect themselves.
    Customers are reminded that, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, they are participating in an outdoor activity at their own risk.
    The DNR Bald Mountain and Island Lake shooting ranges, operated by Michigan Shooting Centers, opened to the public last month. They have instituted similar protocols, but please check their webpage at Mishoot.com for more information.

Unstaffed ranges
    The DNR’s unstaffed shooting ranges are reopening as staff and resources are available to manage the facilities. COVID-19 guidance is posted at each range.

Echo Point range in Allegan County, Lost Nations range in Hillsdale County, PK Fletcher range in Alpena County, Supply Road range in Grand Traverse County and Voyer Lake range in Montmorency County are now open.
    Lapeer shooting area in Lapeer County is closed through Aug. 31 for construction.
    Algonac shooting range at Algonac State Park in St. Clair County is closed until further notice.

MGO Member Forum User
    Thanks for that update....

Unstaffed ranges
    The DNR’s unstaffed shooting ranges are reopening as staff and resources are available to manage the facilities. COVID-19 guidance is posted at each range.
    Typical goverment double speak?
    I guess sometimes I see things in a "George Carlin" kind of way when it comes to the use of words.

MGO Member
    Some ranges opened yesterday!

"COVID-19 Reopening Information

DNR Ortonville, Pontiac Lake, Rose Lake and Sharonville shooting ranges are tentatively scheduled to open June 18, 2020.
    New days of operation

Until further notice, these ranges will be:

Open Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    Closed Mondays through July 20, due to temporary state employee layoffs.
    Closed Tuesday and Wednesday (normal range closure days).

Dansville shooting range in Ingham County will remain closed until the hiring freeze is lifted and staffing becomes available.
    Safety Policies

The safety of our customers and staff is of utmost important so several precautionary policies have been instituted to ensure a safe environment. "

See
    https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...850---,00.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12