Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DNR Ranges

MGO Member

DNR Ranges

From the DNR website:

"Most DNR staffed and unstaffed shooting ranges are closed to the public; however, Bald Mountain and Island Lake shooting ranges are now open.
    (Updated June 2, 2020)"

Apologies if this is a duplicate.
    Looking forward to Rose Lake reopening; hoping for next week.

I am a Forum User
    There were some guys on the MGO Facebook talking about going to their local DNR range and cutting the chains to get in and use the range. I wonder how it worked out for them.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    There were some guys on the MGO Facebook talking about going to their local DNR range and cutting the chains to get in and use the range. I wonder how it worked out for them.
    I can kind of understand, them being staffed with state employees (or contractors) beholden to following the edict of Whitless, that the staffed Ranges where closed during all of this-however I never did understand why the un-attended Ranges that were policed by the posted rules and the honor system were ever chained up... The one ‘local’ to me Echo Point, that was just rehabilitated, was closed and gated
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    From the DNR website:

"Most DNR staffed and unstaffed shooting ranges are closed to the public; however, Bald Mountain and Island Lake shooting ranges are now open.
    (Updated June 2, 2020)"

Apologies if this is a duplicate.
    Looking forward to Rose Lake reopening; hoping for next week.
    So....... Where are these "Unstaffed Ranges"?
    Is there a list somewhere?

EDIT... I was going to go to LC&SA on Wed to attempt to join (If they had a meeting), but I forgot anyway.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LivoniaDan View Post
    So....... Where are these "Unstaffed Ranges"?
    Is there a list somewhere?

EDIT... I was going to go to LC&SA on Wed to attempt to join (If they had a meeting), but I forgot anyway.
    I guess the Pit in Lapeer would qualify as an unstaffed DNR range. But it is closed for renovation. Supposed to be open at the end of August.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Diver View Post
    I guess the Pit in Lapeer would qualify as an unstaffed DNR range. But it is closed for renovation. Supposed to be open at the end of August.
    That was before all of this virus nonsense. Have they even been working on it? Gretch Wittless certainly would not consider it "essential" for a government operations.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member Forum User
    Guess I heard that it was going to be staffed....
    Maybe I confused it with something else

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    That was before all of this virus nonsense. Have they even been working on it? Gretch Wittless certainly would not consider it "essential" for a government operations.
    A buddy drove by it about three days ago and he said they have done a LOT of work. From the details he told me it sounds like they may make the "end of August" timeframe.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LivoniaDan View Post
    Guess I heard that it was going to be staffed....
    Maybe I confused it with something else
    Who did you hear that from? I heard just the opposite from one of the regulars out there who is usually pretty well connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    I drove by there a little while ago and they have done a lot.

The furthest berm looks to have been moved back (true 100yds?) and another at what looks to be 50yds. The berms are quite tall at the target zone and also on the sides.

It looks like the parking area will be bigger too. No sign of a "ranger station" but there is room for something small.

Two Dozers were working at the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast