Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Silencerco Muzzle Devices

Hi all, looking for feedback on Silencerco muzzle devices.

I have a SiCo Hybrid 46. Using their ASR flash hider on a Sig 516 (AR15) I noticed the flash hider does not bottom out on the shoulder of the threaded barrel. I shot this several times before realizing and there were no effects on accuracy. I assume this is because a .223 bullet has so much clearance in a 0.46 bore suppressor that any concentricity issues are insignificant. That said I understand this is not right and will correct.

Also using Silencerco's 3 lug on a Kriss Vectdor .45. That 3 lug muzzle device does not bottom out on the shoulder either and it has affected accuracy significantly. In fact getting some jacket shavings in the blast chamber although thankfully no apparent baffle strikes.

Questions are: have others found Silencerco muzzle devices lack the internal thread depth to bottom out on the shoulder? For correction is best solution to use a shim? For the 1/2x28 on the Sig 516 there are lots of options. For the M16x1LH of the Kriss I haven't found anything available. Has anyone run into this on a Kriss .45? Kriss Customer Support advises against using a barrel shim and implied the SiCo 3 lug is at fault.

Thanks,
    Ken

I am a Forum User
    I am not 100% sure but I think you need to get the fixed barrel spacer adapter to insert into the can.. I have a hybrid 46 on the way and am shopping accessories now..

see link: https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...prod96055.aspx

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Ken View Post
    Hi all, looking for feedback on Silencerco muzzle devices.

I have a SiCo Hybrid 46. Using their ASR flash hider on a Sig 516 (AR15) I noticed the flash hider does not bottom out on the shoulder of the threaded barrel. I shot this several times before realizing and there were no effects on accuracy. I assume this is because a .223 bullet has so much clearance in a 0.46 bore suppressor that any concentricity issues are insignificant. That said I understand this is not right and will correct.

Also using Silencerco's 3 lug on a Kriss Vectdor .45. That 3 lug muzzle device does not bottom out on the shoulder either and it has affected accuracy significantly. In fact getting some jacket shavings in the blast chamber although thankfully no apparent baffle strikes.

Questions are: have others found Silencerco muzzle devices lack the internal thread depth to bottom out on the shoulder? For correction is best solution to use a shim? For the 1/2x28 on the Sig 516 there are lots of options. For the M16x1LH of the Kriss I haven't found anything available. Has anyone run into this on a Kriss .45? Kriss Customer Support advises against using a barrel shim and implied the SiCo 3 lug is at fault.

Thanks,
    Ken
    Some, not sure if the Kriss is one of them, 45 ACP handgun barrels-when threaded-are designed to index off the face of the barrel/threads and not the shoulder. Who threaded it for you and how did they intend the muzzle device to index?
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Member
    Fixed barrel spacers come into play if you are using a piston with the booster device (on a fixed barrel). Even then most people I've heard from say that is not required. In my case I'm using the 3 lug muzzle device with 3 lug adapter so that is not a factor.

Since you mentioned you are getting a Hybrid soon feel free to PM me if you wanted to discuss what I've learned and what I might/may still do differently.

Ken

MGO Member
    It is a factory threaded barrel. Kriss customer service says they are designed to index off of the shoulder. Silencerco Customer service implied what you said. Bottom line, on my set-up it is indexing off of the face of the barrel and I'm getting the accuracy issue so it doesn't appear to be the right way.

Ken