I have purchased things from Atlantic Firearms and was quite satisfied. When I was looking at Ruger 22 Charger Lite .. I found the best price on gun.deals was from Atlantic Sporting Outlet... here's what the site says about them:

We are Atlantic Sporting Outlet, we are a sister site of Atlantic Firearms, LLC. We are committed to supplying you with quality sporting products at reasonable prices. Our Rapid Order Fulfilment System (ROFS) utilizing regionally located warehouses immediately starts to work on your order. We are a federally licensed firearms dealer and distributor for several manufacturers. All transactions are in strict compliance with federal and state laws. All firearms must be shipped to you through an FFL dealer in your area for background check and transfer to you as covered in the How to Buy section.
I was satisfied with Atlantic Firearms so I thought this would be a good choice. "WRONG". On their site they did say shipping was delayed by Covid-19 issues -- no problem, 10-14 business days. Not sure why so long but I was in no hurry. The were though, charged my CC right away on 4/17. I starting hitting them up via email for status on about 4/30 ... not quite 14 business days, but close. I got no reply, finally got something from a human about mid-may -- they said I would get in an update by the next day. NOTHING - radio silence. I emailed 3-4 more times & their voice mail box if full (bad sign). Checked out Facebook page, they had a complaint there too, I messaged the guy, his experience paralleled my own.

Finally sent a final message saying I was putting the charge in dispute and would post my experiences - well got an email right back and they said they would call. I got a call from Wendy and she said the drop ship warehouse didn't have all the info to ship me the package - so it hadn't gone out. I asked what info they needed, she didn't know. I asked why I hadn't been contacted, well someone screwed up. She promised me I would get a Tracking number Monday 6/1. Needless to say - no tracking number, no request for the missing info, not responding to emails so the dispute is going ahead and I asked for a refund in 2 emails. Will see how it plays out but I would avoid this place like the plague .. the price was 15% less than anyone else and supposedly in stock. Then again supposedly they are associated with a reputable company. For sure I will deal with neither of them again. YMMV - thought I would give everyone a heads up.