Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MGO Member
    How is the dog doing?
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

MGO Board of Directors

three docs examined him this morning. They asked if a quill had been in that area ad removed (yes.) They decided that it MAY be an infection of the sinus because of that quill, although they said it could be a piece still in there.
    They opted to wait instead of probing.
    They told me to watch it carefully. Any discharge from the eye or puss oozing from the lump and I'm to head right back. They also said to watch the dog and make sure he's not pawing at it. If so, bring him back.

I've trapped thousands of animals in my life. I want so bad to start trapping porcupines! They're kinda tough to trap (so I've read.)
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Porcupines are primarily nocturnal animals.

If there is one out, openly, in the daylight, There is a chance that it is also sick.
    While there is a chance they are sick I see them out during daylight all the time, never saw any that looked or acted the least bit sick.
    Almost all dogs that get quilled happen during daylight.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by bearman49709 View Post
    While there is a chance they are sick I see them out during daylight all the time, never saw any that looked or acted the least bit sick.
    Almost all dogs that get quilled happen during daylight.
    I owned a Wildlife Control company for 26 years. We'd get all sorts of calls about a nocturnal animal spotted during the day. 99% of the time, the animals were rousted from their homes or were simply hungry! Who hasn't snuck out to the kitchen in the middle of the night for a quick snack?

Really, the only thing we have to worry about (disease-wise) with porcupines is rabies.

Some raccoons will become messed up with something after about the first frost. I believe that it's canine distemper. They'll be disoriented and acting very strange (lethargic, not concerned with escaping people, etc.)

I was unlocking my gate one night around midnight and heard a noise on a tree. A squirrel was climbing down. I watched as it descended and hit the ground. It wasted no time advancing toward me and my flashlight. I have no idea what was going on, but I avoided it, jumped into my truck and drove on in. Strange!

And my dog was quilled as we were sitting by a campfire around 10 at night. It was dark. I didn't know he'd eased into the underbrush. Black dog, dark night. I bought a red led lit collar for future use!
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123