Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    LOL! No, he doesn't!
    He was giving advice to those of us that give thought to our gun purchases.
    FIFY

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Porcupines are primarily nocturnal animals.

If there is one out, openly, in the daylight, There is a chance that it is also sick.
    The quilling was at 10 PM
    The killing was at 7 PM
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Member
    Jackam, Keep a close eye on your dog because it only takes a very small piece of a quill to cause some nasty infection. Easy to have a piece break off when pulling them or just a little piece that you never saw. Those pieces just keep working themselves deeper as time goes on.
    Happened to one of our dogs when I was kid.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

MGO Member
    Good advice about keep checking the dog, friend lost his bird dog to a missed quill that traveled to the dogs brain.

Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    Jackam, Keep a close eye on your dog because it only takes a very small piece of a quill to cause some nasty infection. Easy to have a piece break off when pulling them or just a little piece that you never saw. Those pieces just keep working themselves deeper as time goes on.
    Then what do you do ? Surgery ?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    He has a lump like 1/2 a hard boiled egg under his right eye.
    I took him to the Vet. They gave two pills, one a pain med and the other for infection. That was last Monday. It's not any better (but not any worse!)
    We have a follow up appointment on Monday. I imagine that they will keep him, sedate him, and start slicing.

I pulled a quill out from this area when it happened. That quill was invisible - embedded in the skin totally. I felt it between his upper lip and outer fur. I punched it through into his mouth until I could grab a piece with the needle nose and yank it inward. I'm sure I got it all, but there was probably another that I must have missed.

It's not bothering him, but it's not right. It bothers me!
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I wonder if the Vet should do x rays?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Then what do you do ? Surgery ?
    Yes, vet had to sedate and cut leg open to find the tip of the quill.
    Happened way back in mid 60s so I don't recall much of it.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by dramey82 View Post
    I wonder if the Vet should do x rays?
    I wondered if an xray would show a quill. It's all soft tissue - so maybe!

I'll know more Monday

MGO Member
    If it is close to the eye I wouldn't wait any more the ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Today if possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast