Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

7.62x39 from an 11" Barrel

How obnoxious is it? Anyone have any personal experience? I imagine most of the powder is burnt off by this time, is it pretty comparable to shooting a full size rifle or as obnoxious as a 5.56 in the same setup?

Debating between a Bren 2 in 11" vs 14" setup.

I am a Forum User
    .300BLK out of 10.5" isn't terrible with a decent flash hider. Any side exit brake just about sucks on anything, but it's not as bad as 5.56.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    .300BLK out of 10.5" isn't terrible with a decent flash hider. Any side exit brake just about sucks on anything, but it's not as bad as 5.56.
    Been a minute since I had a .300BLK pistol so I honestly can't remember. I'd be running a flash hider on it mostly likely, I know I could pickup a Surefire Warden or something if it's bad but I didn't really want to purchase it knowing I'd have to change the muzzle device to comfortably shoot indoors.

Stand next to a guy with a Draco for a good idea
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Had a Draco previously but now my short x39 is a 7". Actually has enough recoil to shove an SBA1 brace around.
    AAC brake mount on it for my SDN-6 is pretty bad. Can brings it to very mild though. Also have 10.5 5.56 which is brutal with no can.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

I am a Forum User
    Explain the use of 'obnoxious'

Quote Originally Posted by ChaneyD View Post
    Explain the use of 'obnoxious'
    When your neighbors at the local indoor range pick up their stuff and move to another lane.

I love my Draco-C SBR. Sure it’s loud, just like any other sawed off rifle caliber pistol set-up, but at least 7.62x39 is used in a military weapon in that length, and performs very well.
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    The people at the local indoor range I frequent don't seem to care too much. I usually bring an AR pistol with me, so a 10.5" 5.56, 10.5" 6.8 SPC, 13" 7.62x39 with HOT handloads, or a 12.5" 450 Bushmaster. Sometimes I get comments about the noise or concussion, usually jokingly. Then again, I'm not dumping mag after mag, either. Never seen anyone pack up and leave. Multiple times I've been in the lane next to 7.5" 5.56 pistols. You definitely feel the concussion! Still doesn't bother me, and still haven't seen anyone leave because of it.

MGO Member
    Before the pandemic closure, there was a guy shooting a Drako pistol at Ann Arbor Arms, thankfully at the other side of the range bay. It was way to loud- even through my double ear pro, it was too loud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast