Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Locked out of safe

I am looking for any advice or help I can get. A very good friend(like a second father) recently passed away and he had to larger gun safes that nobody knows the combination to. Yes e en his wife. His wife asked me for help I getting into the safes and helping her go through them. I was reluctant at first because I didn't feel like it was my place but she has insisted. So anyway I am trying to help her get into these safes. One is a digital lock and the other is mechanical. I have looked for an emergency key but have not been able to find one. I was going to reach out to the safe manufacturers next but figured I would ask here first. Thank you In advance for any help.

Account Closed Forum User
    If it’s a Liberty gun safe they will come out to the house but you have to show proof ownership.

I am a Forum User
    I know I could call a locksmith. Was wondering if there was any other (possibly cheaper) options. Thanks

The mechanical safe you might be able to hear the tumblers with a stethoscope.

As mentioned: YouTube. Search the particular safe; most really aren't that secure and can be reasonably easily opened. Some you just need a big magnet.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Cleared up some off-topic posts and some troll droppings. -Mod
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

MGO Member
    Maybe the safe manufacturers could help?

Wait ... like, they're going to help someone break into their safes. Never mind. THINK BEFORE YOU POST, TOM, THINK.

MGO Member
    I can get in, give me five minutes.
    Safe will be junk.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel3500 View Post
    I know I could call a locksmith. Was wondering if there was any other (possibly cheaper) options. Thanks
    Not unless you know how to speak.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by tkurban53 View Post

Wait ... like, they're going to help someone break into their safes. Never mind. THINK BEFORE YOU POST, TOM, THINK.
    They commonly do. They vet you and eventually send a key in the mail.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tkurban53 View Post

IF the serial number of the safe can be located and if you can provide a death certificate, they should be able to help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast