Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Moving counties--anything that needs to be done as far as notifying authorities?

Title. I'm moving to a different county in the near future and am wondering if there's anything I need to do as far as notifying authorities. Here's the relevant information (and please speak up if you need more info).

Moving from Saginaw to Ingham county in August.

I own a pistol and a semi-auto rifle. No NFA items.

I do not have a CPL yet (planning on getting that as soon as classes start opening up).

10-day pistol license was timely sent to the Saginaw County Sheriff.

Being newer to gun ownership and having read some of Michigan's confusing firearms statutes, I'm concerned about making mistakes. What do I need to do/who do I need to contact? Or am I good to go? Thank you!

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherWolverine View Post
    Title. I'm moving to a different county in the near future and am wondering if there's anything I need to do as far as notifying authorities. Here's the relevant information (and please speak up if you need more info).

Moving from Saginaw to Ingham county in August.

I own a pistol and a semi-auto rifle. No NFA items.

I do not have a CPL yet (planning on getting that as soon as classes start opening up).

10-day pistol license was timely sent to the Saginaw County Sheriff.

Being newer to gun ownership and having read some of Michigan's confusing firearms statutes, I'm concerned about making mistakes. What do I need to do/who do I need to contact? Or am I good to go? Thank you!
    Congrats on your move…nothing to worry about relating to your firearms ownership.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Walther-shoot me a pm if you are interested in joining a pistol league.

I am a Forum User
    There are no actions you need to do in regards to your firearms.
    Your pistol has been registered with the STATE and is good for life.
    No further actions are required.
    Your rifle doesn't require registration and you aren't required to inform the government that you have it or where it is.