Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Gun Store and some Schooling suggestion

Finally my bro-in-law want's to start carrying. He has his heart set on a Glock G20 gen. Don't know how he came to the conclusion of a 10mm but I really don't care.

Where do I send him in the Allen Park area to purchase and take some classes? Thanks JohnJak
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

MGO Board of Directors

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Also there Westborn Gun shop too.. G20.. Might want to rent one first.. If he like to shoot with someone and Help him pick out something that he can shoot well with and be able to carry all day if needed Let him know.. PM if you like..
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Definitely see if he can rent one first as suggested above. I have a G20C (gen 3), and while recoil is stout for an auto (on par with a full size .357 revolver) the turn off for friends who have shot it with me is the sheer size of it. The gen 3 G20 grip is enormous. Desert Eagle big....and that’s not an exaggeration. The size and shape makes sense while shooting it (it makes it comfortable and controllable IMO), but it’s intimidating to only be able to wrap the tips of your fingers around it. Getting to the mag release is a big stretch too, as I have to rotate the gun nearly 45-60 degrees in my hand to reach the mag release. The gen 4 has a smaller ‘bulge’ on the back of the grip, and a larger release. I don’t have those problems with my G29 gen 4, but it’s also a compact. If I could do it all over again, I’d just get a gen 4 G29 and use the pinky extension (how I carry it) or G20 mags with grip sleeves. The G20 is difficult to conceal, the G29 is more G19 sized and conceals much easier. Both are utterly reliable and eat everything from full house buffalo bore to the weakest crap the smallest amount of money can buy (less velocity than some .40’s). The first non user generated malfunction I’ve had in my G20 in over a decade was with one batch of Sig ammo I tried a couple weeks ago, and both my G20 and G29 choked on it in the same way as seen below (FTE). No other gun related malfunctions with either in many thousands of rounds since I bought the G20 in 2006 or so.

TLDR; the G20 is a massive hand gun with stout recoil. See if he can rent one first. I love mine, but it’s not for everyone, especially beginners. It’s a PITA to conceal. I can conceal my FNX45 easier.

I bought both of mine through Cabela’s (before bass pro) and used their 0% financing. They usually have them in stock....but who knows right now.

Last edited by Fuel Fire Desire; 06-20-2020 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDM 40 cal View Post
    Also there Westborn Gun shop too.. G20.. Might want to rent one first.. If he like to shoot with someone and Help him pick out something that he can shoot well with and be able to carry all day if needed Let him know.. PM if you like..
    Thanks I'll forward the info.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    I think Top Gun may have a rental G20, but I'm not sure.

I am a Forum User
    Downriver Guns. (The old Wolverine Shooting Sports)