Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Poly-tech AKS

MGO Member

Poly-tech AKS

Are the poly AKS any good i have a chance to get one for a good price?
    It has a 20" barrel and a club foot stock, stamped receiver not milled.

Any info would be awesome.. it is pre-ban.

I am a Forum User
    If it's a good deal, buy it. It's likely only going to go up in value.
    Not sure I've seen a 20" stamped with a club foot stock. Just did some googling. The only stamped with club foot I'm seeing are 5.56.

Pics? Super curious to see it.

they are very good, very collectible. If its a configuration you like, chambered for something you like, the chinese stuffs is actually very good.

Try to get the exact model and some pics and I am sure people on here can tell you what to pay for it.

MGO Member
    Its a 2 digit serial number, 20" barrel

MGO Member
    Some pics would end the guessing game.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    On The AKs Files Forums, they have guys that know alot about AKs. You may want to try on there.

https://www.akfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

MGO Member
    Weren't the Poly-Tech M1As soft in the receiver? Might want to really do your home work on the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    Weren't the Poly-Tech M1As soft in the receiver? Might want to really do your home work on the brand.
    Possible ... But I only heard good about polytech and Norinco also. The Chinese actually made a bunch of nice functional clones in the 80s from CTS and Sig's, to highly regarded aks with good parts, very good accuracy, good blueing even. Very good blueing.

MGO Member
    Be very careful there have been a few people trying to pass off postban Chinese AK's as the Preban version.
    You said it has the "clubfoot" stock, there is only ONE Chinese clubfoot stock for the RPK, its very distinct and should be a light blond in color.
    Ive seen plenty of postban long barreled Chinese ak's recently that people put Russian or Romanian clubfoot stocks on and try to pass them off as preban.
    First If you can get clear photos of the markings on the receiver and front trunnion.

Also being a RPK model there should be a bipod. Where does the bipod mount on the barrel, in front of the front sight block or behind it? There will be a little ring on the barrel that holds the bipod in place either in front or behind the front sight block.
    If the bipod mounts on the barrel BEHIND the front sight block then the seller is a liar and its a postban gun.
    Prebans had the bipod mounted in FRONT of the front sight block.

Typically the long barreled RPK ak's have always been worth & sold for less than the standard ak's, there are a few odd rare variants that are the exception.

If its a preban gun $1k+
    If its a postban gun under $1k

Don't get suckered into buying during the panic and overpaying like most folks right now.
    Also its an election year, people are gonna try and jack you on the price.

If you need help im happy to exchange numbers and you can send me a few pics and I can walk you through it or identify it for you so you get the best deal.