Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

All AR-15s out of stock?!

I've been looking online and both Cabelas's and Bass Pro (along with some other online retailers) are showing all AR-15s are out of stock. I get they are in pretty high demand, but wonder if something else is going on. Have any of you heard if they are planning on restocking? Have about $700 in gift cards I guess will have to go towards my hunting/fishing habits if that's the case.

Thank you!

I am a Forum User
    All distributors are cleaned out of everything except for 1911s, some revolvers, hunting shotguns, and bolt action rifles. Going to take some time for things to come back.

MGO Member
    Gun's Galore had a few Ar's on the shelf last week, pretty thinned out. I'd imagine prices are going up too.

That's why I was trying to convince all my friends who had one to get one...last year. It will be until at least months after the election before inventory goes back up. It might take awhile for prices to come down though.

I still have them in stock.

I am a Forum User
    Primary arms still has quite a few in stock, of course that doesn't help with your gift card issues.

I hate gift cards for a reason...

I was just on the Palmetto State Armory website prior to reading this post. They have AR's in stock (although you can't use your Cabela's/BassPro gift cards there). Or, and back me up on this, folks - build your own AR. I discovered this past weekend just how easy it is to build your own lower, and add a completed upper. Again, PSA has several kits to choose from. I'm not promoting PSA, and I'm pretty sure there are many other dealers out there with kits in stock, as well.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Primary arms still has quite a few in stock, of course that doesn't help with your gift card issues.

I hate gift cards for a reason...
    This is why I ask people to give me Visa or Master Charge gift cards if the must give cards.

I am a Forum User
    Kinda of a drive for you but hunter insight firearms in ortinville had a couple when I was in there a week ago and they are always getting more in stock. They also have lowers and parts if you want to go that route

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ppruchnicki1 View Post
    This is why I ask people to give me Visa or Master Charge gift cards if the must give cards.
    100%. Can use for gas, ammo, parts, or anything else I want, and there are a lot of places I don't shop.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    I was just on the Palmetto State Armory website prior to reading this post. They have AR's in stock (although you can't use your Cabela's/BassPro gift cards there). Or, and back me up on this, folks - build your own AR. I discovered this past weekend just how easy it is to build your own lower, and add a completed upper. Again, PSA has several kits to choose from. I'm not promoting PSA, and I'm pretty sure there are many other dealers out there with kits in stock, as well.
    For most people this is going to be fine, but there is a lot more to properly building then just putting pieces together. I do recommend most try this route as the basic tools are cheap, and for the most part whatever parts are bought will work fine together. I have seen quite a few where receiver extensions come loose due to not staking, gas issues, and even poorly staked (or not at at all) gas keys on BCGs.

One thing I would recommend for everyone building their own is go to School of the American Rifle's Facebook page and reading, and listening, and going to their YouTube channel. Chad goes over a lot of great info on the hows and whys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast