Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    For me, FedEx and UPS have been OK - USPS is the problem.
    I received a half dozen shipments from PSA per week. Luckily, they make the entire trip via UPS. Anything that is shipped to me via USPS takes substantially longer. Had a forward assist and roll pin ship from Wixom to Howell (less than 24 hours door-to-door via UPS) that went USPS. Took over 2 weeks. It when from Wixom to Charlotte, NC, then sat there for well over a week for no apparent reason.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Building an upper is actually just as easy (easier, IMHO) than building a lower. You just have to have a set of go/no-go gauges for checking headspace and a decent torque wrench.
    You may be the first dealer I've seen post this advice.
    I tried getting some gauges locally a while back and every shop i called told me i was being paranoid because the AR is so modular and everything from everybody is in spec and will work just fine...
    To be fair, I have built a good few that way and swapped bolts around without checking. But sometimes you want to be sure.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    You may be the first dealer I've seen post this advice.
    I tried getting some gauges locally a while back and every shop i called told me i was being paranoid because the AR is so modular and everything from everybody is in spec and will work just fine...
    While most components that you purchase will likely be within spec, I would never make that assumption.

Admittedly, I have most certainly built uppers and shot them without checking headspace. But for a few dollars more, you won't have to cringe through every round in the first few magazines.

Further, those tolerances have a high and low side. Two mating pieces may very well be "within spec", but if each are at the opposite end of allowable tolerances, well ... that's pretty self-explanatory.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123