Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

ATF Looking To Restrict Or Ban Pistol Braces

https://gaetz.house.gov/sites/gaetz....er%20final.pdf

Despite initially welcoming the introduction of pistol arm braces, it has come to our attention that ATF is now attempting to restrict some of the most popular arm brace configurations by creating
    non-public standards that are not based in statute or regulation. For example, in determining whether an item is an arm brace or stock, ATF has, through private letters, created an inexhaustive list of what
    it considers “objective design features.” With no basis in law, one of the “indicators” chosen to make these determinations is “length of pull,” which is the distance from the rear of the stabilizing brace to
    the trigger. Unbeknownst to the general public, ATF has ordained in private determination letters that it considers “any firearm with a ‘length of pull’ over 13-1/2 inches to be designed to be fired from the
    shoulder,” thereby making it a short-barreled rifle. However, ATF has also privately proclaimed that even firearms under this length of pull can be classified as a short-barreled rifle, if ATF identifies other
    (and often unspecified) applicable “indicators.” It is not clear what authority ATF has to establish these hidden standards.

Even more troubling are reports that these non-public standards are being used to criminally prosecute unsuspecting gun owners. Given ATF’s refusal to explain these standards, it is impossible for the
    public to comply with ATF’s ever-changing body of secret law. Some unwitting manufacturers, who supposedly failed to comply with these hidden standards, have already been forced by ATF to recall
    thousands of firearms for destruction from innocent customers. Other companies are currently being threatened by ATF to halt sales and recall existing products or face criminal and civil penalties. To
    criminally charge an individual or threaten a company based on one ATF employee’s opinion of whether an arm brace shares enough unpublished “design features” with a shoulder stock is an
    appalling abuse of power and shows a blatant disregard for due process.

We understand that ATF is currently considering restricting one arm brace model owned by over 700,000 Americans, despite it being functionally no different from the more than ten arm brace
    designs already approved by ATF. Were ATF allowed to proceed with issuing this determination letter or others, close to one million law abiding Americans could be made felons overnight.

I am a Forum User
    It was just matter of time. How long did you think the govt was going to let folks get around a $200 fee.

I am a Forum User
    Unintended Consequences.

Joe

So would they be grandfathered in ?

Do I need to hurry up and get something ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    So would they be grandfathered in ?

Do I need to hurry up and get something ?
    They'll probably just ban them outright like they did bump stocks.

I am a Forum User
    What did people expect would happen, shooters on television shows shooting arm braces from the shoulder just like a stock, shooters all over the internet shooting arm braces from the shoulder just like a regular stock. People of shooting authority saying it's OK to use it like a stock, then demonstrating it as such.

If it looks somewhat like a duck, quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck, is used like duck then ATF will eventually label it a duck and eventually ban it (or regulate it).

I am a Forum User
    Super curious if they’re going to establish that length of pull or if they’re just going to say if it can be shouldered then it’s no longer a pistol. Then I wonder how that affects current pistol brace owners. Just remove the brace? Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.

I am a Forum User
    Nothing like legislation through regulation.

And this is Trump's ATF, the same ATF he directed to ban bump stocks. We really need to start cleaning house instead of letting the GOP bend us over a table with no lube and then thanking them for at least paying for the $19 a night motel room so we can cry in the bathtub afterwards at least.

I am a Forum User
    Brought to you by the people that said "It'S oNlY a BuMpStOcK!"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast