Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not that it’s gospel, but MAC posted a few paragraphs about this on his Facebook page. Basically said this is fake news and fear mongering after talking directly with the owner of SB Tactical. I’d assume he’ll make a video post about it soon.

My question is....why are SBR’s still so heavily regulated? Weren’t they included in the NFA at a time when pistols were under heavy threat of a ban? But now that pistols are entirely legal, and bullpups are common, what makes a 14” AR so scary and terrible when things like the AUG and RFB exist with a shorter OAL and significantly more power?

But that’s just me trying to find logic in gun laws......

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    Not that it’s gospel, but MAC posted a few paragraphs about this on his Facebook page. Basically said this is fake news and fear mongering after talking directly with the owner of SB Tactical. I’d assume he’ll make a video post about it soon.

My question is....why are SBR’s still so heavily regulated? Weren’t they included in the NFA at a time when pistols were under heavy threat of a ban? But now that pistols are entirely legal, and bullpups are common, what makes a 14” AR so scary and terrible when things like the AUG and RFB exist with a shorter OAL and significantly more power?

But that’s just me trying to find logic in gun laws......
    Why are suppressors on the NFA when even completely ****ed Europoor countries not only let people use them without hassle but even encourage them to be used? Because we've become government servants instead to them serving us.

Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    Why are suppressors on the NFA when even completely ****ed Europoor countries not only let people use them without hassle but even encourage them to be used? Because we've become government servants instead to them serving us.
    Because, once again, we were bargaining our rights away. We were supposed to get the Hearing Protection Act and National Reciprocity in exchange for"fixing NICS". As always, we got the stick but no carrot.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

MGO Member
    Just a guess here, but I believe this is Rep. Gaetz putting the ball on the tee for President Trump to stop the ATF to gain favor among Second Amendment people. I may be very wrong, but this would be an exceptionally easy way for Trump to halt the ATF from doing something and recover from the bump stock debacle. There's no "crisis" driving this, so no lost political capital for Trump to say No to this changed regulation -- and the anti-2A folks don't even know what a pistol brace is. My 2c.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MTK View Post
    Just a guess here, but I believe this is Rep. Gaetz putting the ball on the tee for President Trump to stop the ATF to gain favor among Second Amendment people. I may be very wrong, but this would be an exceptionally easy way for Trump to halt the ATF from doing something and recover from the bump stock debacle. There's no "crisis" driving this, so no lost political capital for Trump to say No to this changed regulation -- and the anti-2A folks don't even know what a pistol brace is. My 2c.
    They definitely don't know what one is but they'll take any victory along the way towards complete disarmament. That's why the compromising BS needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    Because of crime during prohibition, or mostly fear of it caused by movies. Can't even say any were used. It's like blaming a death on an "assault rifle" when clearly a shotgun was used and that NEVER happens.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    So some congressman asked ATF to consider a ban. When do congressman NOT ask ATF to ban things? The panic is very premature, IMO.
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by esq_stu View Post
    So some congressman asked ATF to consider a ban. When do congressman NOT ask ATF to ban things? The panic is very premature, IMO.
    No, Gaetz sent a letter to the BATFE calling on them to CEASE plans to on restricting brace usage.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by esq_stu View Post
    Quite the opposite Stu, from the letter to the ATF:

"We strongly urge ATF to cease taking any actions and reconsider or rescind any secret determinations
    which call into question the legality of firearms owned by millions of law-abiding Americans. Thank
    you for your attention to this matter. "

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post

Do I need to hurry up and get something ?
    Tax stamps

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast