Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

What types of guns do you not enjoy shooting or care for?

Figured this would be an interesting topic. We all love guns here. But, what types of gun or category of guns do you not care to own or enjoy shooting? For me it is semi-auto rifles, handguns, and pump shotguns.

When it comes to semi-auto rifles I just don't find them all exciting to shoot. I own a couple because their usefulness in a SHTF situation cannot be beat, but other than that I don't care all that much for them. I've owned or shot just about every modern semi-auto at one point or another, and there are very few I find truly exciting to shoot. I don't buy guns just to buy them anymore, so I'm not concerned with having a modern semi-auto collection or anything like that. Just the stuff that'd be useful to me if I ever need it for defensive purposes in an emergency.

Don't care to shoot handguns all that much either. I probably had about 12 or so at one point and only have 5 now. The 5 left are the ones I do truly enjoy shooting, I could care less about most of the others.

As for pump shotguns they just don't serve much of a role for me in anything I do. For hunting I much prefer semi-auto shotguns so that is all I have. I like being able to take quick follow-up shots if need be.

MGO Member
    Like you, I've been through many types of firearms. I am "culling the herd" a bit, though. And now, after decades without one, I suddenly got the urge for a lever action and recently bought my first Henry. It's a Big Boy Steel in .44 Mag. I'm having a great time.

I am a Forum User
    I don't like shooting unreliable guns.

Pretty much anything that sends something away from me faster then I can throw it, I enjoy. From blow guns to tanks (largest I have shot).

1. I don't really get much enjoyment from shooting revolvers, I appreciate a good wheel gun and I've owned several but have since gotten rid of all of them and haven't had much desire to reacquire any.
    2. Heavy hitting rifles or handguns: I have very little interest in owning something like a snubby .44 magnum or a .500S&W, I just don't have any need for them and don't enjoy shooting something that beats up my wrists/hands or shoulder.

I am a Forum User
    Unreliable guns.

Other than that I enjoy shooting everything. If I really had to pick something, I'd go with an AK. Just shooting at a range they're fine, but trying to run any drills and it's clear why the AR has superior ergonomics.

What types of guns do you not enjoy shooting or care for?

First, it would have to be something I have shot before, or something very similar.

I shot a double barreled Holland & Holland chambered in .470 nitro express, one round out of each barrel. I have no desire to ever do that again.

Yet, I am still open to almost anything else. At least one time.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I'm not much on semi auto rifles although I do own one. My go to favorites are single shots in smaller calibers. Big cartridges no longer interest me like they once did, especially for spending a day at the range.
    Shotguns are following the same path. I sold or gave away all my 12 ga's except for the 1st gun I bought as a teen and replaced the others with a 20 ga O/U. I no longer own a semi auto shotgun.
    Semi auto handguns are a bit easier to take as I really enjoy my 1911s and have a couple others, but prefer rimfire wheel guns for shooting if I could only have one type.
    The guns I seem to shoot most often and enjoy the most are the rimfire handguns. I spend as much or more on 22 ammo over the course of a year as I do any other one cartridge or or the components for, rifle or pistol.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    What types of guns do you not enjoy shooting or care for? ---- I don't enjoy shooting inaccurate guns!

I am a Forum User
    Ruger Mark IV 22. I like shooting it just fine...just not reassembling it after cleaning. Someday I will figure out the trick to reduce the cussing that it currently takes

I am a Forum User
    Sold my .357 revolver and haven’t had a single regret. I’ll likely own another at some point since I did love how it shot, but only with .38 special. The .357 just wasn’t as fun to shoot. I also hate shooting anything in .40 cal, just too damn snappy. Gimme my 9mm, .45 1911 and my AR and I’m happy. Would like to try a lever action Henry some day though, could be next on my list of purchases.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast