Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Was seriously considering a Hellcat then read the following:

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=Spr...trigger&ia=web

(THe response from Sfl'd after having checked one they requested 2 B sent back was most disappointing!)

I am a Forum User
    Might want to check the spelling in your link.

I was intrigued by it, liked that optics mount was only 30 bucks, liked the overall package. Just grab a p365.

That or wait.

They will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Might want to check the spelling in your link.
    This link - Springfield having problems with hellcat trigger?

I just added a (?) to it but see nothing amiss w/o it

EDIT - Then again - I added the 'v' in 'haing' but forgot to enter it if that's what you mean.

Not a tremendously big deal but thanks for the correction if that is what you meant
    Last edited by PeeDee; 06-24-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I was intrigued by it, liked that optics mount was only 30 bucks, liked the overall package. Just grab a p365.

That or wait.

They will fix it.
    I think I'll wait

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeDee View Post
    This link - Springfield having problems with hellcat trigger?

I just added a (?) to it but see nothing amiss w/o it

EDIT - Then again - I added the 'v' in 'haing' but forgot to enter it if that's what you mean.

Not a tremendously big deal but thanks for the correction if that is what you meant

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Gee. (And I could read my HS diploma!)

Every new model pistol I’ve received I’ve had a problem with. I pre-ordered a M&P when they first came out and had an ABYSMAL trigger, and one of the brittle firing pins. I was also one of the first to get the XDS when it came out. I was working at an FFL and the manager let me take one home the first day they were to be released. The XDS has that safety recall a while ago, and though I dragged my feet on getting it “upgraded”, I still own and carry it regularly. Still love it. The M&P was so unpleasant with its vague mushy trigger I just sold it....and wish I had not since it was in .357 Sig, and those aren’t easy to come by anymore. I never did wind up with a broken firing pin like they warned about, but then I also only did dry fire with snap caps.

I also bought two NAA guardians when they came out. The .380 was a jam-o-matic, and the .32 NAA pierced primers on every shot. I solved the .32 NAA’s issues by discussing the problems with NAA’s owner and lead gunsmith, but sold the .380.

I ALSO bought a RIA 10mm 1911 with the full rail when they came out and it too had a bunch of problems, but RIA took it and did a full reliability package on it and re-milled part of the slide, and had it back in my hands within A WEEK along with a handful of Wilson combat mags. It’s been fantastic for me ever since.

I keep telling myself I’ve learned my lesson by buying new models right when they come out and not waiting for second generations to hit the market.....but yet I still keep buying the latest new thing and having problems. In the end I’m still pleased with most of my experiences, though I’ve also been lucky enough to deal with companies that put forth excellent effort on post sales support.

Honestly, this is stupid and not a problem.

The issue is, if you pull the trigger back without pressing the safety first (basically pull the trigger with the tip of your finger, right at the edge, like an idiot) the trigger safety locks.

That's...what it's designed to do.

If you put your finger in the middle of the trigger, press the trigger safety and the trigger at the same time...it fires.

I've had zero problems with my Hellcat.
    Canadian Import.
    μολὼν λαβέ, Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    Reddit: u/MapleSyrupJediV2 moderator of r/GunAccessoriesForSale & r/MiGuns

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    Honestly, this is stupid and not a problem.

The issue is, if you pull the trigger back without pressing the safety first (basically pull the trigger with the tip of your finger, right at the edge, like an idiot) the trigger safety locks.

That's...what it's designed to do.

If you put your finger in the middle of the trigger, press the trigger safety and the trigger at the same time...it fires.

I've had zero problems with my Hellcat.
    And the trigger resets just fine when the action is cycled? This is the issue?

My accu-trigger rifles do the same thing. Pretty sure they were designed to do that. I mean....I can see it being a problem on a combat pistol, but if you trip the bang switch without wrapping your finger around the trigger, that “malfunction” probably just saved your thigh or junk depending on where it is that holster you carelessly shoved it in is located.

I’m a little bitter with the XDS recall. I know how the old safety worked. I understood the malfunction (dry fire, keep finger on trigger, slide palm off of grip safety, pull slide back and let it go into battery on a live round and it may ignite a primer). IMO the fire control system they put in mine during the “upgrade” is inferior in both trigger pull and security of the grip safety system. It’s still a great pistol, but not as nice as it was pre-upgrade. I just hope they don’t do the same injustice to the hellcat over an even lesser and unlikely malfunction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast