Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    Honestly, this is stupid and not a problem.

The issue is, if you pull the trigger back without pressing the safety first (basically pull the trigger with the tip of your finger, right at the edge, like an idiot) the trigger safety locks.

That's...what it's designed to do.

If you put your finger in the middle of the trigger, press the trigger safety and the trigger at the same time...it fires.

I've had zero problems with my Hellcat.
    It's still an aspect to consider IMO. Other similar firearms hardly ever, if ever, do it on the SIG discussion, incl Glocks, and even tho some Hellcats don't do it at all under 'forced' conditions, still some do it regularly and i don't want the 'regularly irregular' one.

If you read more than the one referenced 'anomaly' on the SIG forum in the sites referenced in my OP you will see that the Hellcats may also have an 'irregular' issue with their hollow firing pin. (Despite snap caps)

I asked the question here to see how many might have had such a problem and what they did to rectify it, i.e. like some who have trimmed the inner-trigger lever.

I guess I'll wait but as Fuel Fire Desire said above, I have in the past 10 years rarely purchased a new handgun that didn't go back for one or another reason and the reasons were obvious or a tminimum unacceptable to those I have purchaed in the 60's thru early 80's.

I was hoping to find a reason NOT to jump at a Hellcat right away and I find sufficient cause to wait at this point is all.

If you would bet your life that yours is fullproof that is fine with me and I hope you are right.

(I really don't need another handgun (I think!)- but I guess I was somewhat 'interested' in one that might fill the (imaginary ) space between the compact and sub-compact that I already have.

The hole in my pocket has quit burning for now

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    Honestly, this is stupid and not a problem.

The issue is, if you pull the trigger back without pressing the safety first (basically pull the trigger with the tip of your finger, right at the edge, like an idiot) the trigger safety locks.

That's...what it's designed to do.

If you put your finger in the middle of the trigger, press the trigger safety and the trigger at the same time...it fires.

I've had zero problems with my Hellcat.
    ohh thats it, I didnt even bother watching the videos.

I am a Forum User
    Working on my Hellcat review, no issues with the trigger. FN 503, however the trigger reset is so long it pinches my finger between the frame and trigger shoe..

Quote Originally Posted by Buffman View Post
    Working on my Hellcat review, no issues with the trigger. FN 503, however the trigger reset is so long it pinches my finger between the frame and trigger shoe..
    Looks like a not uncommon but relatively minor issue -

https://youtu.be/BfQDTJ-ny7c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1BP85ApUzU

Maybe the injection molding was not consistent, or a PRP kit would both solve the problem and improve the trigger as well.

(And the money in my pocket is getting warmer ) Dammit!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeDee View Post
    Looks like a not uncommon but relatively minor issue -

https://youtu.be/BfQDTJ-ny7c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1BP85ApUzU

Maybe the injection molding was not consistent, or a PRP kit would both solve the problem and improve the trigger as well.

(And the money in my pocket is getting warmer ) Dammit!
    Let me see if I can re-create, as this model just came from SA 3 weeks ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12