Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    I've been bear hunting in Michigan for 47 years...in 1990 the state was divided into Management Units and the drawing system were implemented. Each unit in the UP has 3 seasons LP has 1. Each Unit and Hunt depending on the number of applicants have different odds. Drummond Island may take 18 years some of the 3rd Hunts you could receive a Tag every year.
    Its getting a little more difficult every years to draw a Tag in the Units that are closer to the large cities, far western UP is the easiest. Only around 7000 tags are giving out a year and it will very. Close to 22'000 applicants put in for just a point.
    There's no regulations other than a Guide in Michigan needs Liability Insurance and a License from the State that's free. So be careful when choosing one, cheep or expensive research needs to be done before handing over cash. To properly bait a bear for the 31 days before the hunt and at least a week of hunting if needed be. You going to need at least 5 gallon bucket of feed preferably 2 of sweet things for them to eat everyday. Even tho you can shoot a bear at one bait you are allowed 3 per person. Most guides will have only one bait per person , I wouldn't hunt with one unless they could prove that they had 2 day light active baits for me to hunt depending on wind directions or the bear quit showing up at a bait.

Good luck to get drawn....and a lot more to get a rug....

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by coyote wacker View Post
    You going to need at least 5 gallon bucket of feed preferably 2 of sweet things for them to eat everyday.
    One bear eats 10 gallons per day? Or is that a couple of bears and every raccoon in the forest?

Great post Coyote Wacker!
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Member
    I start with 10 gallons and try to keep that much in the barrel....had a 500 lb bear one year he could eat 5 gallons come back in 8 hours and eat the rest he kept another bears from coming to my bait on a neighboring property 2 miles away it was shot...then 3 bears started hitting the bait cleaning it out everyday I shot a 300 lb boar....

i'am a trapper there's not to many raccoons around my property....do get some squirrels and marten eating donuts....even have had wolves come to the bait and eat donuts....

I like to deer hunt my passion is bear hunting....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12