Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

High Capacity Pump Shotty

Haven’t looked at new stuff in a bit. What high capacity 12 or 20 gauges are the cool kids sporting these days for HD?

MGO Member
    Mossberg shockwave with mini shells

I am a Forum User
    Mag fed pump shotguns.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Mag fed pump shotguns.
    Any experience with these? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mr44 View Post
    Mossberg shockwave with mini shells
    Agreed! High capacity, tons o fun!

I am a Forum User
    There's always the Tavor TS12. 12 (3") to 15 (2-3/4") rounds split between three tubes on a manual rotating system. I've heard good, bad and indifferent about it. Haven't had a chance to try one out myself yet, but it's on my to-do list for the year.

What kind of capacity are you looking for ? High like 870 with extended tube, or the new stuff?

I have a 14+1 KSG next to the bed. Great shooter, accurate with foster slugs, mild recoil for a 12ga with full power buck/ slugs, utterly reliable (not one gun caused malfunction in the years and 1000+ rounds I’ve put through it), but the best part is that it’s 26” OAL. When shouldered it’s muzzle is closer to my person than the muzzle of a pistol in a weaver stance. Very easy to maneuver indoors. One of my favorite guns to shoot.

I put the VFG on it so I had something to wrap my thumb around to keep my hand away from the muzzle under aggressive pumping. It is a gun that likes to be pumped with authority, you can’t be gentle on the back stroke otherwise the magazine interruptor won’t release a new cartridge onto the elevator.

Even with it being a bullpup, it’s not that awkward to load. With the sling I use with it, I roll it over and hold it like a violin to feed it. It has a selector so you can choose what mag tube you want to feed from. So if you wanted to be extra tacticool you could have one tube of slugs and one tube of buck.

Here’s a quick size comparison. The bottom is the KSG, the top is a 16” FAL who’s OAL is the same as a 16” AR. If you didn’t want something that short, they make a full length version (same length as a typical pump) but holds 24+1.

KSG, KSG25, and a more typical high cap shotgun.

I also have a M590A1, which is a TANK of a combat shotgun. But it’s unwieldy in a house compared to the KSG, and it holds 8+1 vs 14+1. The M590A1 would definitely be my “go to war” shotgun though. Way overbuilt, solid, and smooth.
    Last edited by Fuel Fire Desire; 06-27-2020 at 03:17 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    What kind of capacity are you looking for ? High like 870 with extended tube, or the new stuff?
    Yeah, just wondering what the capacity is from the factory on the new stuff. Seems like I’ve seen 870s and 590s in the 7/8/9 range. Is that a thing?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta Demoni View Post
    Any experience with these? Anyone?
    They're frickin' awesome! Except the mags aren't cheap, and you get up to the really high capacity ones and the weight balance takes a bit to get used to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast