Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    The big, well established shops can get most models. They are the ones that get stuff "allocated" to them.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    I would not sell anyone a G44. The internals are NOTHING like the rest of the Glock family. Way too many issues I'm hearing.
    oh, good looking out!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    The big, well established shops can get most models. They are the ones that get stuff "allocated" to them.
    That's not what allocated means, but ...

I am a Forum User
    That's not what allocated means, but ...
    Yes, it does. The top customers get first choice when limited numbers of a product are available. It isn't until they turn it down that it becomes "in stock". Here's an example. A distributor gets in 100 G19's. Each of their salesmen is allocated 10. Each has 5 really good customers. They call up each customer and offers them 2. If the customer doesn't want them, and none of the other salesmen want them, they go into "in stock" status. That's why places like Williams always have stuff like S&W M41s in stock.

I am a Forum User
    Yes, it does. The top customers get first choice when limited numbers of a product are available. It isn't until they turn it down that it becomes "in stock". Here's an example. A distributor gets in 100 G19's. Each of their salesmen is allocated 10. Each has 5 really good customers. They call up each customer and offers them 2. If the customer doesn't want them, and none of the other salesmen want them, they go into "in stock" status. That's why places like Williams always have stuff like S&W M41s in stock.
    Your original post says allocation = only the big shops get stuff. Wrong.

Allocation means sales reps get a certain number of SKUs allocated to THEM, and when they have sold all their allocation to whomever (usually bigger orders), they have nothing left to sell. They can't sell another sales reps' allocation.

Allocation has nothing to do with "big shops" or "small shops" or which one is getting the items. It has to do with dividing up inbound items between salespersons.

I'm getting stuff now and EVERYTHING is on allocation. EVERYTHING.

Oh, and NOTIHNG is going "in stock" right now. Hasn't been for MONTHS. EVERY listing at EVERY wholesaler shows either OOS or Allocated, except for some garbage.

I am a Forum User

Allocation means sales reps get a certain number of SKUs allocated to THEM, and when they have sold all their allocation to whomever (usually bigger orders), they have nothing left to sell.
    Allocation has nothing to do with "big shops" or "small shops" or which one is getting the items. It has to do with dividing up inbound items between salespersons.
    Which is exactly what I said. Salespeople get a certain number and they make sure their best customers get them. i.e.--the big shops who do $1M+ with them a year. I know shops that have been getting Glocks and M&Ps in all through the crisis. Not a lot, and they immediately sell them, but they get them.

I am a Forum User
    Are you or have you ever been a FFL?

I am a Forum User
    Which is exactly what I said. Salespeople get a certain number and they make sure their best customers get them. i.e.--the big shops who do $1M+ with them a year. I know shops that have been getting Glocks and M&Ps in all through the crisis. Not a lot, and they immediately sell them, but they get them.
    Nope. You CLEARLY said allocation means only the big shops get guns. WRONG. I'm not going to repeat myself a third time.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    He claims to have been. Then again, so do plenty of my customers.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    I've been a manager in the business for 15 years, with both big box stores and an independent that sells 4000+ firearms a year. I get calls from the distributor salespeople saying "we got so-and-so in, do you want any?" all the time. Anyone who thinks that a kitchen table dealer has the same chance at desirable items in short supply is delusional.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast