Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    He claims to have been. Then again, so do plenty of my customers.
    You claimed that Howell was on the east side, too. You also stated that you've only been in the business for one year. I think I've seen quite a bit more than you.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    I've been a manager in the business for 15 years, with both big box stores and an independent that sells 4000+ firearms a year. I get calls from the distributor salespeople saying "we got so-and-so in, do you want any?" all the time. Anyone who thinks that a kitchen table dealer has the same chance at desirable items in short supply is delusional.
    I must be delusional or completely dreaming since I've been able to get all the difficult to find stuff in like Ruger 57s, PC Chargers, Glocks, etc. It hasn't been easy, but what you're explaining is some monopoly that you think exists which doesn't.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    I must be delusional or completely dreaming since I've been able to get all the difficult to find stuff in like Ruger 57s, PC Chargers, Glocks, etc. It hasn't been easy, but what you're explaining is some monopoly that you think exists which doesn't.
    Here's what Scoop said...
    A few retailers have some less popular sizes in stock, as do a few wholesalers. But for the most part, it will be quite some time. The wholesaler that I get 90% of my handguns from told me "The Glock 19 will be back in stock never and never".
    ...and...
    Occasionally G43 or G48, but daily allocations go so fast, they are almost impossible to get.

I am a Forum User
    Here's what Scoop said... ...and...
    I don't care what he said, I'm not arguing with him.

Allocations are spread out among reps. I can get anything the big box stores can get, the trick is just having my backorders in ASAP, which is what the distributors work off of. The only catch is makes like Glock have manufacturer direct programs like Blue Label which can bypass distribution altogether.

I had P365XLs in before most big box stores even knew they were released.

MGO Member
    Spent 18 years with a FFL and there is some truth in both sides of this thread!!!!

I am a Forum User
    You claimed that Howell was on the east side, too.
    That was a brain fart while typing, which I corrected and you know it. But go ahead and CONTINUE to act like an *******.

You also stated that you've only been in the business for one year. I think I've seen quite a bit more than you.
    You've been a "manager". Wow. I'm impressed.

Assuming that my only experience is my first year of being an FFL is a HUGE mistake on your part. Then again, that clearly wouldn't be the first mistake you've made or posted about.

But do continue defending your position that "allocation" means "only the big stores get guns" ... it's the most laughable thing I've read all week. If that's what it takes to be a "manager", then your employer has low standards.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    Spent 18 years with a FFL and there is some truth in both sides of this thread!!!!
    My only "side" is that "allocation" doesn't simply mean that "only the big stores get the guns" -- something someone else who is NOT an FFL continues to claim is an accurate statement.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123