Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    It looks like someone at MSP HQ had to remain relevant by changing a form that didn't need to be changed.
    Well yeah, they have to able to justify the massive amounts of profit they make from the CPL process.

Quote Originally Posted by zcolt45 View Post
    You can use Hotmail or MS to open, down load and convert/print to a pdf file.
    or see attached pdf
    print and fill-in
    Great. Thank you from a computer illiterate !!!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hendo View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Sir. I haven't seen any posts from you in a while, good to hear from you.
    Same here.

"Karcent" took good care of me with some Kimbers I got from him many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    It is an MSP issue, not the kind of software WE have. THEY need to publish it in a format that ALL can read (.pdf)

I would tell them about it, but it will take a couple of days before I can write a letter that is not out and out disparaging, insulting.
    The author's name is in the document properties if you need to know who "they" is.

I am a Forum User
    Something is fishy with the file @ the link on the MSP web site.

When opened in MS Word, it does allow you to "fill in the blank" on the 'Licensing Authority Copy', then populates the 'Purchaser Copy' and 'Seller Copy' accordingly.

However, when you first open the file, the 'Purchaser Copy' has this value pre-populated in the Purchaser Name field: asdfasdfasdf (someone just 'filling the blank' while testing the form).

Sure, when you update that field in the 'Licensing Authority Copy', it updates the other two copies accordingly, but why they heck would they put this out there with (clearly) test data in a field?

And why the heck would they release it in DOCX format? Should be PDF.

ri60.jpg

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Something is fishy with the file @ the link on the MSP web site.

When opened in MS Word, it does allow you to "fill in the blank" on the 'Licensing Authority Copy', then populates the 'Purchaser Copy' and 'Seller Copy' accordingly.

However, when you first open the file, the 'Purchaser Copy' has this value pre-populated in the Purchaser Name field: asdfasdfasdf (someone just 'filling the blank' while testing the form).

Sure, when you update that field in the 'Licensing Authority Copy', it updates the other two copies accordingly, but why they heck would they put this out there with (clearly) test data in a field?

And why the heck would they release it in DOCX format? Should be PDF.

ri60.jpg
    I called the MSP Firearms unit last time they updated and only published in DOC…explained the issues…and they published a PDF version shortly afterward.

Your turn!
    Last edited by PhotoTom; 06-30-2020 at 09:53 AM.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    I called the MSP Firearms unit last time they updated and only published in DOC…explained the issues…and they published a PDF version shortly afterward.

Your turn!
    aint.jpg

MGO Member
    well if they don't release as a 3part carbonless wonder if they would mind if I had my own printed in 3 part carbonless using the formate

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    watch out buddy - that may well be construed by some superiors here as 'racist.'

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeDee View Post
    watch out buddy - that may well be construed by some superiors here as 'racist.'
    Nah. Cultural appropriation more likely.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast