Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    It's really not much different than the last one, other than the seller doesn't sign it (anymore).
    Sounds about right for the Gov't. What protects me from a private seller saying later, that he didn't sell it to me? This is a trainwreck waiting to happen. I would never buy a gun from someone with this form.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hendo View Post
    Sounds about right for the Gov't. What protects me from a private seller saying later, that he didn't sell it to me? This is a trainwreck waiting to happen. I would never buy a gun from someone with this form.
    What do you do for private long gun purchases?

I am a Forum User
    You can get Open Office for free, just saying.
    I just downloaded it and cannot get it to work with Open Office. All the fields say

"ERROR Reference source not found"

Additionally, you cannot tab between fields. It simply overwrites the field labels/

The old one worked fine with Acrobat Reader. This one is WORTHLESS unless you have the latest version of Microsoft Office.

I am not about to buy MS Office just to be able to fill out this ridiculous form.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Point taken.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Well,what I have always done is have both parties complete a printed off Bill of Sale,with both parties signing it.

MGO Board of Directors

It doesn't define who seller can be? Is this a firearms dealer? If it can be a private seller, is there no longer a signature req'd?
    It doesn't say signature in lieu of FFL number. Help me understand.
    Heh, based on a strict reading of the instructions…the seller is supposed to complete the purchaser info (as the law states)…so the seller should sign it on behalf of the purchaser!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Then you'll need to obtain an LTP before every handgun purchase in the state, because THIS is the published form to use when purchasing private party with your CPL or the form an FFL will complete when you purchase from them. You can't just continue to use an old form because you don't like the new one.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    Well,what I have always done is have both parties complete a printed off Bill of Sale,with both parties signing it.
    Which is far more than what the law requires, of course.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567