Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suppessor Help

I am a Forum User
    I sell suppressors now only through Silencershop but I used to do them directly. I have tried many different brands and types on different platforms. I am also an advocate of buying one suppressor to do many things as money does not grow on trees. One of my favorites is the Liberty Mystic (9mm/.30) and its big brother the Cosmic (.45). They work great on everything including pistols. It can easily be cleaned so you don't need to worry about shooting dirty .22LR or hand loaded lead ammo. They run about $600 not including the adapters. On a .22LR or PCC you can use the provided aluminum adapter that comes in 1/2 - 28 or 5/8-24. For any rifle caliber you will need the fixed rifle adapter which runs about $80. To run it on semi-auto pistols you need the piston booster with the correct thread pattern which runs $130. So for about $1000 including the stamp you get a can to do it all.

As for sound there is not much difference in total DB shooting a .22 bullet through a .30 or .45 can. There is a difference in tone, but not volume. Of course all supersonic ammo will have the crack made by the bullet breaking the sound barrier. .22LR subs will be super quite as will .300blk subs and 147g 9mm.

Another viable option is the Thunderbeast 5.56 takedown. I run this on my F/A M-4 due to the volume I run through it. It is a sturdy can that can take a beating but comes apart to be cleaned easily. It also works great for 22LR. I have run it on my Ruger 10/22 and although heavy it is extremely quiet with 22 subs. I also run it on my long range .224 Valkyrie which is also very quite.

I have sold a few of the Optimus cans and my customers like them. The ability to shorten or lengthen the can does have merit but it is an expensive can. IMHO the Liberty Mystic is a more viable option.

MGO Member
    There is a lot "More" to this then I thought?

Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    There is a lot "More" to this then I thought?
    Not too much.
    22 silencers are for .22, and need to come apart for cleaning.

Centerfire silencers are for the rest, and NEVER need to be cleaned.

Dead Air and Rugged are at the top of the heap as far as quality, price, and customer service.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    Not too much.
    22 silencers are for .22, and need to come apart for cleaning.

Centerfire silencers are for the rest, and NEVER need to be cleaned.

Dead Air and Rugged are at the top of the heap as far as quality, price, and customer service.

Only issue you will find with Dead Air at the moment is that mounting solutions are hard to find. They switched manufacturer just before covid due to quality issues and have not been able to keep stock for a lot of things. Have been waiting on a 3 lug for the wolfman since before my stamp was approved lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadchild View Post
    Only issue you will find with Dead Air at the moment is that mounting solutions are hard to find. They switched manufacturer just before covid due to quality issues and have not been able to keep stock for a lot of things. Have been waiting on a 3 lug for the wolfman since before my stamp was approved lol
    3-lugs from any manufacturer are hard to find right now with the panic buying going on.

the new taper mount system they are coming out with looks awesome.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123