Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suppessor Help

MGO Member

Suppessor Help

Just came back from my dealer where we talked suppressors, Would love to have one but don't know what to buy, needs to work on a .22 rimfire and also a 5.56 colt. Needs to be of decent quality and easy to clean and of good value, what's the best choice?
    Thanks, Buckey

MGO Member
    Not an expert, but my understanding is MOST don't work across that gap of rimfire to centerfire. Reason is that rimfire need lots of cleaning from lead fouling while the center fire ones can't be cleaned that easily. Like I said, not an expert, thats what I have heard/read and maybe not true any more??

If you haven't maybe a little googling can tell you if I am correct or not And yes, there are a TON of options, direct attached (threaded) QD style etc.

My experience is only 1, a Thunderbeast Ultra 9 that I share between my 6.5CM and 300WM using the Area419 mounting system and brakes.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    You definitely do NOT want to shoot .22lr through a .223 suppressor. Rifle cans are usually not designed to be taken apart and the fouling from a .22lr will wreck the can. You will want two.

There are so many good cans out there a little Googling will get you a ton of information. My last three are all SIG cans and I am very happy with those but YMMV. I have a couple AAC cans and I am not a huge fan. I also have a Ruger Silent-22 for the 10/22 Takedown that I FREAKING LOVE.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

Not too many rifle cans break down for cleaning because the baffles are typically welded stacks for strength.
    I have one of the few that does break down. Liberty Mystic X, two of them actually. Cals from 17 anything to 338 Magnum and most 35cal rounds
    They make a new titanium core one for weight savings.
    Here it is on a 350 Legend pistol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

MGO Member
    I've done the Googling dance till the Ice cubes melted and the bottle ran dry, At the end of the day first hand use beats 3 of a kind! Talking too end users always makes for a better decision in my case and I'd rather know the product today over what I might find out tomorrow. MGO is a wonderful place (Most Day's) to to get the straight scoop. Like I said I don't know @#$% about suppressors and I'm willing to take advice.

I am a Forum User
    Watching this thread for the same reason as the OP. Would like one, don't have any experience with them, and way too much info out there without a clear choice.

Reviews are tough as you get through several that are good and them hit a couple taking of poor quality etc.

Maybe a way to help is to start a survey? What brand can for your AR? And list out the major brands?

MGO Member
    Sounds like a plan.

I am a Forum User
    I'd recommend registering here: https://form1suppressor.boards.net/t...wn-rimfire-kit and go the form 1 route for your rimfire needs. I have both this particular kit with 10 baffles in it and a Sig Saur Srd22x rimfire can, and my homemade one is just as good. The other upside is that you'll be approved in less than a month vs 6-10 months for the wait time buying from a dealer.
    Also, just be aware that a suppressor doesn't really do much on .223. The supersonic crack is so loud that you invariably still need hearing protection.

MGO Member
    On the .22 long rifle how does high velocity ammo sound through a can?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    On the .22 long rifle how does high velocity ammo sound through a can?
    Kinda like "phhht...CRACK"
    Seriously though, it sounds good but I'd probably still wear foamies because I need my hearing professionally. Subs, nothing needed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast