Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by xChrisAg View Post
    What's really tough is finding good prices. My local gun store in Holland has pallets of 9mm, I bought 1k for $240 out the door. I miss when it was $150 for 1k of 9mm FMJ 115gr
    $240 OTD really isn’t terrible. It’s not good, but I’ve seen a whole lot worse lately

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    I picked up several thousand rounds of 9mm a few months back ... and I don't even own a firearm that shoots 9mm.

(NO, it's not for sale. )
    Ya know, I thought you were a nice guy until I saw that post

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Ya know, I thought you were a nice guy until I saw that post
    LOL.

I do have 4 different 9mm firearms that should be arriving in about a week or so (G19 Gen5, G45 Gen5, S&W M&P 9MM and a Brigade Manufacturing AR-15 9mm Forged 5.5" Barrel Cerakote Tungsten SBA3 Tactical Brace 5" Rail Mini Can). One or more may likely go directly to my personal collection and start making use of that Luger ammo ...

MGO Member
    Ordered 1,200 rounds of 5.56 m855 for a friend...$550...which is a terrible price, but I'm not parting with any of mine right now.

No 9mm or 5.56 (except for high end stuff) available hardly anywhere! You know what is though? .308, .44mag...might be a good time to stock up on some of the "other" calibers in your collection.

Quote Originally Posted by esq_stu View Post
    HMMM . . . maybe it's time to sell some of that stock I accumulated during the Obama years. I paid dearly for it back then and once Trump was elected I figured I would have a lifetime supply as I didn't want to lose my shirt culling any of it.

2 weeks ago I was able to find ammo everywhere. I just bought a .40 s&w barrel for my p229 in 357 and had no issues finding either caliber at a reasonable price.

I have a 9mm suppressor for my pistol, and it came with an adapter so I can remove the recoil booster for rifle use. Ive been looking for a cheap 9mm carbine with threaded barrel and today I stumbled upon a threaded Hi-point 995, so I made an impulse buy. The store didn't have any 9mm so I went online and not only couldn't I find any subsonic 9, but I couldn't find any 9 other than some almost $3 per shot exotic stuff that I've never heard of and don't want to plink with.

What happened in the last 2 weeks?

I am a Forum User
    Even huge online suppliers like Midway USA are out of stock on some ammo & components. Recent political events have spurred many non-firearm owners to get off the fence
    & buy both pistols & rifles for personal defense. Firearms sales @ record levels, many to first time owners, and all those guns need ammo!
    Those not well stocked with ammo and / or loading components began realizing what was happening & started stocking up.. all this happening while companies have had to idle,
    due to the virus outbreak..No ammo being made , for quite some period of time.
    No doubt, with the scarcity & high demand, supply exhausted quickly, & prices escalated.

Primers seem to be the first component to become scarce...& when ordering them online, orders have to be pretty large, to defray the hazmat fee.
    I always buy in bulk, to avoid shortages & price spikes..I have some primers left (sm & lg rifle mag primers) I ordered back in the 80's
    (when primers were about $10.00 / 1K) I recall when primes were as high as 4,00/ hundred ($40 /K) If you can find any for sale,
    prices may now be above that level.

Re: Factory ammo, I've read that 223 / 5.56 is nearly impossible to buy now, and 9mm is almost as bad.
    the same online search engines like ammo seek, allow you to search for both ammo & components.

unfortunately this has been going on for sometime, making finding anything you need or want, even harder to find.
    with current shortages..demand is high which has to increase prices.

If anyone is looking....

I have been trying to find some Berry’s bullets for a while, and they’ve been out of stock everywhere. I looked on Cabelas site last night and saw they had both of my preferred calibers and grain sizes in stock. I wound up getting some .38/ .357 non cannelure flat points for normal price (I prefer the cannelure, but they don’t even have a listing for them) and some .45 colt for about $10 higher than normal. They had most other kinds of Berry’s in stock too, except .40.

I got an email today from Cheaper Than Dirt, they got 9mm in stock. 115gr browning fmj for $53.99 per box. They never miss an opportunity to price gouge.

I am a Forum User
    I got the same email..before I deleted it , I checked prices of steel & brass cased .223
    unbelievable ..no wonder they have it in stock..
    if I remember correctly, steel cased 55gr. Wolf or Tula was $.79 / rnd
    all brass cased ammo was close to, or over, $1.00/rnd.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast