Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Einthewoods View Post
    Clearly I missed something with SA? What is even being discussed here? A link to something maybe?

Thanks
    their lobby group with RRA under duress, being attacked by the gov in ILL, got a lil carve out in a new law that should not exist, to preserve business of a certain size and it hurt small ffls, pawn shops etc, but did not hurt, or hurt big retailers less.

No one seems to think its a fight to fight back, they are constantly fighting by being in ill. It counts for nothing.

People in arizona want SA and RRA to fight for pawn shops they will never buy from. Thats basically it. In case he moves to ill, he would like to maybe someday buy from a pawn shop. If RRA and SA will not pay for this, when ffls and pawn shops wont, them *** em. They are dead.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    their lobby group with RRA under duress, being attacked by the gov in ILL, got a lil carve out in a new law that should not exist, to preserve business of a certain size and it hurt small ffls, pawn shops etc, but did not hurt, or hurt big retailers less.

No one seems to think its a fight to fight back, they are constantly fighting by being in ill. It counts for nothing.

People in arizona want SA and RRA to fight for pawn shops they will never buy from. Thats basically it. In case he moves to ill, he would like to maybe someday buy from a pawn shop. If RRA and SA will not pay for this, when ffls and pawn shops wont, them *** em. They are dead.
    Thanks...appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Einthewoods View Post
    Thanks...appreciated
    Except he's only telling half of it.
    Unless I missed something about Dirt and I being old fishing buddies, he knows the fraction of jack/shyt about me. I lived in IL and voted in IL. I also lived in MI, for almost the same number of years.
    That aside, what SA and RRA did was have their lobbying group, IFMA, back down from opposition of a house bill that would have forced out all FFLs that were not major box stores or manufacturers. That meant that gun shows wouldn't be able to exist as no FFL aside from some place like Bass Pro Shop et al. could sell firearms. At all, well, no more than 9 per year that is. And those major box stores don't usually participate in local gun shows. It would have restricted all FFLs to doing less than 10 transfers a year (again, aside from the carve out).
    IFMA cut a deal with the IL legislature that they would back down from opposing if RRA and SA were exempt and could continue selling without a limit.
    What essentially happened was that it showed the 'firearm community' supporting this bill. It was paraded as being supported and passed by a single vote.
    It's like how you see Fudds on TV advertisements saying stupid crap like, "I support the 2A, but no one needs an assault rifle" and other ignorant drivel like that. Got a few on this board that feel that way for that matter. I digress.
    People see these so called 2A supporters and think, "Hmm, maybe 'common sense' gun laws are a good thing. Even Elmer here likes it, and he's a gun guy!".
    So, no, it wasn't just self preservation. It was them selling out all the others. And yes, they do float IFMA more than any others besides RRA, but when you pull a move like that, you're just a dirtbag company.
    I've spoken with my pocket book. I cancelled my SACs second build and have not purchased anything from SA since. They are a business and can run it anyway they want, it's America and it's their right. It's also my right to point out their scumbag moves and not spend a dime with them anymore. Just like I have done with CTD over the years. Screw them.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Sorry, but I don’t for a second believe that something that decisive was made without SA’s input. Someone within the SA hierarchy green lit that bargain.
    Well you can believe whatever you want, doesn't make it true.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Well you can believe whatever you want, doesn't make it true.
    So you have some insider knowledge or were part of the senior leadership at SA or RRA. Because if not, how would you be so confident they were not informed. Reese seemed very informed when he made his public statement about the deal and just said that the process was very fluid and hadn’t passed both houses. It wasn’t until days later he came out against it. Because in those days, people rallied against RRA and SA.

I am a Forum User
    So you have some insider knowledge or were part of the senior leadership at SA or RRA. Because if not, how would you be so confident they were not informed. Reese seemed very informed when he made his public statement about the deal and just said that the process was very fluid and hadn’t passed both houses. It wasn’t until days later he came out against it. Because in those days, people rallied against RRA and SA.
    I'm not claiming to have any knowledge, I'm just leaning towards the benefit of the doubt, especially considering I've had dealings with lobbying groups and they're not principled people.

You're the one believing in something as fact without any evidence to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    I'm not claiming to have any knowledge, I'm just leaning towards the benefit of the doubt, especially considering I've had dealings with lobbying groups and they're not principled people.

You're the one believing in something as fact without any evidence to back it up.
    Well,
    I'm basing my belief on the IRS 996 document MAC released showing that a few years previously, and potentially even at the time, Dennis Reese was the President of the IFMA.
    I'm basing my belief on the fact Reese became State's witness in exchange for immunity against multiple charges for illegal arms sales deals with El Salvador. He's a slimy ******* willing to do anything. Here's the AP's article on it: https://apnews.com/393a6f5ef0c35a8a9...Hotvpt0pbep0U4
    I also know that SA is not the same company that built your grandfather's M1 in WWII. They bought the name years ago and the original company has been non-existent for over a generation.

I am a Forum User
    Well,
    I'm basing my belief on the IRS 996 document MAC released showing that a few years previously, and potentially even at the time, Dennis Reese was the President of the IFMA.
    I'm basing my belief on the fact Reese became State's witness in exchange for immunity against multiple charges for illegal arms sales deals with El Salvador. He's a slimy ******* willing to do anything. Here's the AP's article on it: https://apnews.com/393a6f5ef0c35a8a9...Hotvpt0pbep0U4
    I also know that SA is not the same company that built your grandfather's M1 in WWII. They bought the name years ago and the original company has been non-existent for over a generation.
    Still no proof, got it. Great story though!

Except he's only telling half of it.
    Unless I missed something about Dirt and I being old fishing buddies, he knows the fraction of jack/shyt about me. I lived in IL and voted in IL. I also lived in MI, for almost the same number of years.
    That aside, what SA and RRA did was have their lobbying group, IFMA, back down from opposition of a house bill that would have forced out all FFLs that were not major box stores or manufacturers. That meant that gun shows wouldn't be able to exist as no FFL aside from some place like Bass Pro Shop et al. could sell firearms. At all, well, no more than 9 per year that is. And those major box stores don't usually participate in local gun shows. It would have restricted all FFLs to doing less than 10 transfers a year (again, aside from the carve out).
    IFMA cut a deal with the IL legislature that they would back down from opposing if RRA and SA were exempt and could continue selling without a limit.
    What essentially happened was that it showed the 'firearm community' supporting this bill. It was paraded as being supported and passed by a single vote.
    It's like how you see Fudds on TV advertisements saying stupid crap like, "I support the 2A, but no one needs an assault rifle" and other ignorant drivel like that. Got a few on this board that feel that way for that matter. I digress.
    People see these so called 2A supporters and think, "Hmm, maybe 'common sense' gun laws are a good thing. Even Elmer here likes it, and he's a gun guy!".
    So, no, it wasn't just self preservation. It was them selling out all the others. And yes, they do float IFMA more than any others besides RRA, but when you pull a move like that, you're just a dirtbag company.
    I've spoken with my pocket book. I cancelled my SACs second build and have not purchased anything from SA since. They are a business and can run it anyway they want, it's America and it's their right. It's also my right to point out their scumbag moves and not spend a dime with them anymore. Just like I have done with CTD over the years. Screw them.
    You are in denial of what a lobby group is or what they do. They represent the goals or interest of the people who pay. You should never expect the police officers union to do whats best for you. You should never expect the national association of home builders to work against the interest of builders, and do whats worst for them, and best for you. Tow truck driver lobby does not give a crap about you unless you are a paying member of tow truck driver lobby. Teachers union works EXCLUSIVELY for teachers. Not for parents, not for kids, not the tax payer. Realtors lobby cares only about a couple things, getting realtors paid more, less work, less paper work more hurdles for competition. They do not care about you, not one bit.

The sooner you realize these things, and apply it to everything the easier your life will me.

Even specific companies, ATT lobbies for JUST ATT, they literally pay tens of millions per year to have their competition hindered, and small competitors crushed.

SA is not paying for rural small town home based FFL to stay in business.

I do not know how you do not know this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12