Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delayed again

I am a Forum User

Delayed again

This is venting a little ,couple months ago decided to buy a judge because I can. Went to local gun store and ordered it had to wait most of a month for it to come in. It was the first firearm purchased since the atf changed the rules about our cpl, I was held up for a week got my gun and found out it was wrong one I was going for the three inch chamber I misread the box. My local gun store is the greatest said no problem we will order the right one. My gun comes in today I go to pick it up and. On hold again. I know everyone is having trouble it’s just irritating that what used to be simple has been screwed up by the government again. Vent over maybe it’s a bit more than a little.
    Last edited by papabear; 07-09-2020 at 01:08 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Denied or Delayed?

I am a Forum User
    Sorry delayed is it possible to edit title?

MGO Member
    I have to say (while knocking on wood), I have never been delayed. I was told its probably because of my last name. There are not many people with it. My wife on the other hand, has been delayed every time she has tried to purchase and was delayed on her CPL. All times she received due to the fact they had to give it to her after so many days. Her, we think it's because she was adopted, married twice, and changed the spelling of her first name. Don't know if either her or my case have validity, but it's my theory and I say its does. Name:  anim_beer.gif
Views: 294
Size:  2.2 KB

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post
    I have to say (while knocking on wood), I have never been delayed. I was told its probably because of my last name. There are not many people with it. My wife on the other hand, has been delayed every time she has tried to purchase and was delayed on her CPL. All times she received due to the fact they had to give it to her after so many days. Her, we think it's because she was adopted, married twice, and changed the spelling of her first name. Don't know if either her or my case have validity, but it's my theory and I say its does. Name:  anim_beer.gif
Views: 294
Size:  2.2 KB
    Same. I have a very uncommon last name and have never been delayed *knock on wood*. I always provide my SSN, too.

Quote Originally Posted by papabear View Post
    Sorry delayed is it possible to edit title?
    Go to edit then to advanced editing.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    Thank you JohnJak fixed it

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by papabear View Post
    ... I was held up for a week got my gun ...
    If your FFL held up your purchase for more than 3 full business days after the DELAY, you need to find a new FFL.

You could also go about the process of applying for a UPIN from the FBI if you're a frequent buyer/frequent delayer. For what it's worth, I'm an FFL and I frequently get delays on myself that I never used to deal with either when CPLs were still acceptable.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm an FFL and I frequently get delays on myself that I never used to deal with either when CPLs were still acceptable.
    LOL. So do you not allow yourself to take possession of the firearm? (Sorry, just had to).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast