Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Disposing Long Gun

I have a old long barreled straight bolt Mauser 8mm, stamped with CS.ST., ZBROJOVKA, BRNO on the end of barrel. The gun never fired and I was told Head space check? Ive had it 10+ years and wondering if its worth trying to sell or just get rid of it, if so would it be best to take it to sheriff or gun shop. I live outside of Grand Rapids if anyone is interested.

Ken
    Last edited by khiball; 07-10-2020 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Sold

I am a Forum User
    Any gun in just about any condition will always be worth at least $100. I'd get some pictures and list it for sale before taking it to the police to get destroyed. Someone will take it.

Quote Originally Posted by khiball View Post
    I have a old long barreled straight bolt Mauser 8mm, stamped with CS.ST., ZBROJOVKA, BRNO on the end of barrel. The gun never fired and I was told Head space check? Ive had it 10+ years and wondering if its worth trying to sell or just get rid of it, if so would it be best to take it to sheriff or gun shop. I live outside of Grand Rapids if anyone is interested.

Ken
    Post it for sale here: https://www.migunowners.org/forum/fo...-Guns-For-Sale

Just disclose the issues. Someone will buy it.

I am a Forum User
    Even if it doesn't shoot, rusty bridge gun, etc. it's got value to someone who would make a hanger out of it for a wall piece or something.

Definitely sell it, with out seeing it, commonly 200-300 dollar rifle or more condition being everything. Just the intact mauser action is valuable. Czech mausers are well regarded.

MGO Member
    Mauser's have a big following. I'm sure someone would like it as is or for parts. Head space is "generally" a concern when the weapon has "none matching' serial numbers, but still doesn't mean its off. Just as anything else in life, YMMV.

I am a Forum User
    Sold, Thanks for the help and interest

Ken