Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gun Insurance Who??

Who do you have your collections insured with? I have AAA homeowners but their process is burdensome. Tx

I'm interested in this as well. I've contacted my homeowners insurance company, but would entertain quality and reputable other companies.

And who did your appraising for insurance purposes?

I am a Forum User
    Several mentioned here in a thread earlier:
    https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...arms+insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    Several mentioned here in a thread earlier:
    https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...arms+insurance
    Thank you!

I am a Forum User
    I have a rider with my home owners insurance

Every time I purchase a new firearm I record it with them and get charged accordingly - ie value. (While some might not like it, I give them Make, Model, Serial # and value - insured for 100% of said value).

Quote Originally Posted by michiganfan View Post
    Who do you have your collections insured with? I have AAA homeowners but their process is burdensome. Tx
    I have a policy with Eastern Insurance that is completely separate from my homeowners policy. I think it costs me $135 or $150 for a year's coverage of up to $35,000. Very easy to deal with to set up policy and for renewals, but, thankfully, I have not had to file a claim with them so far.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    I have a policy with Eastern Insurance that is completely separate from my homeowners policy. I think it costs me $135 or $150 for a year's coverage of up to $35,000. Very easy to deal with to set up policy and for renewals, but, thankfully, I have not had to file a claim with them so far.
    I am with them as well. Very easy and straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sfineone View Post
    I am with them as well. Very easy and straight forward.
    Does Eastern require an appraisal to be done?

Quote Originally Posted by cordite_blues_jr View Post
    Does Eastern require an appraisal to be done?
    The basic coverage is now up to $40,000 ($10,000 max single item and $5000 limit on ammo). No appraisal required, just maintain a list with serial numbers (I took pics also and save all info on One Drive).

The premium is $150 per year with a $100 deductible

I am a Forum User
    I have gone with Eastern now as well.

Very easy to deal with,everything was done online,except the credit card information,which was completed with a phone call between the agent, and myself.

As stated above,coverage starts (minimum policy) at $40,000.00,with $150.00 premium.
    Any gun over $10,000.00 has to be scheduled,and I have a custom made K-80 that is appraised at just under $20,000.00,so I covered it that way because that's my primary Clay's gun that I travel with.

Interesting though, that if you're in some high risk areas,and Florida is one of them, they establish higher deductibles because of hurricane and flooding concerns.
    ...One thing for sure however, is that if I'm faced with any of those possibilities,that K-80 is going to be as safe and secure as I am.

Other benefits of Eastern's policy is that practically anything connected to firearms is covered up to $40,000.00,with the basic policy.
    ...This includes ammo,reloading,accessories,etc.

Overall, a pretty reasonable and flexible policy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast