Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11 View Post
    Are you FFL ? do you get better prices?
    Not an FFL, I shop around and look for good prices. And prices are way up! I usually have 3 or 4 complete kits laying around, but not anymore with these prices

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Interesting. Get him to pre pay if he is getting your vast knowledge on what good vendors are, where to order, save on shipping, buy in bulk, you front the credit card etc. Get him to give you that 2k cash, you are a pastor, you are not leaving town.

I agree on budget, they have to sit down and add up every part, tax, shipping, transfer fee etc, I think people whether its car, remodeling their home, look up 3-4 parts say thats it, and leave the rest out. At least when other people do the work, that way they can psychologically minimize other people.

You should have a parts list, not brands. But just you need LPC, receiver, barrel, sling, sights, optic mounts, rails, sling, sling mounts, blah blah blah so they cannot in their mind leave off rail, muzzle device, trigger, sling and then be upset when all that adds up to a decent bill on its own.
    I should have, but he paid me before so I'm trusting him a little bit.

MGO Member
    Some thought I was crazy when I started buying "meme" lowers from PSA. They were sometimes releasing 2 variants a month. At that time they were 49.99 each and I figure what the heck, I'll buy a couple of each and squirrel them away. I did that up until a couple releases ago. Now they are charging 69.99 per meme lower so my investment just went up 40%. The earlier ones are going for a hundred or more. The 1st that started it all (PFG), they only produced 500. I managed to get 3. Even though I stopped buying, I still have a few that survived the boating accident. Guys from work are asking to buy them, I'm not so crazy now. I did put some to good use, I built AR's for all my kids and a hand full or 2 for myself. Now I'm just waiting to see what happens this election because the rest are pure investment.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacherboy View Post
    Yes, $1900 is kinda high. That's the cheapest I could get the stuff for and in the end I'm selling him a lower and putting it together for $75. It's not just the rifle, it's the ammo, slings and everything. At least he gave me a reasonable budget.

I wasn't trying to criticize you. You're doing him a favor. I'm just shocked at the prices. Last year at this time, ammo was $100 cheaper a case, uppers were about $100 cheaper. Everything was a lot cheaper and more plentiful. It was a buyer's market.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    I have an FFL buddy who still has lowers in stock at $60 OTD for Andersons with paprwork. He charges $20 for a regular transfer so every time I have something shipped to him I buy a Stripped lower too. He rolls both on one 4473 so as far as I'm concerned it's a $40 lower..been socking those extras for this type of event. I've had several friends reach out that NOW they want an AR and still expect to get it for PRE-COVID/riot prices...

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    I wasn't trying to criticize you. You're doing him a favor. I'm just shocked at the prices. Last year at this time, ammo was $100 cheaper a case, uppers were about $100 cheaper. Everything was a lot cheaper and more plentiful. It was a buyer's market.
    I know you weren't, the stuff I bought is easy $400 more than last summer

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_lar View Post
    I have an FFL buddy who still has lowers in stock at $60 OTD for Andersons with paprwork. He charges $20 for a regular transfer so every time I have something shipped to him I buy a Stripped lower too. He rolls both on one 4473 so as far as I'm concerned it's a $40 lower..been socking those extras for this type of event. I've had several friends reach out that NOW they want an AR and still expect to get it for PRE-COVID/riot prices...
    No pre-covid prices at my house! I sell for replacement cost

I am a Forum User
    Not trying to crack on you at all, but if you aren't an FFL, can you legally do this? Serious question as I have several people always asking me to order/assemble parts or put a gun together for them, but I was under the impression that to make a profit doing this, an FFL is required.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaddy View Post
    Not trying to crack on you at all, but if you aren't an FFL, can you legally do this? Serious question as I have several people always asking me to order/assemble parts or put a gun together for them, but I was under the impression that to make a profit doing this, an FFL is required.
    The person comes to my house and I show them how to do it. Or I've gone to their house. I'm definitely not acting like a ffl. Just helping. If I was you I'd order the parts and help your friend assemble it. I help build like 1 or 2 a year. I make the guy sit down and do it. If that's a ffl only thing then we are screwed up beyond what I even thought.

This is the first time someone wanted me to order the parts. They always order their own. Sometimes payment is pizza and pop for the kids, most times nothing

I am a Forum User
    I'm the same, I just shop for deals when it comes to ARs. I've never built one that was over $1,500 all in. Right now I have two: one completed and one that I am working on. The completed is an M16A4 clone with an FN M16A4 upper assembly, then the other I am working on is a M4 clone with a Colt 6920 upper assembly. The M16A4 clone came out to about $1,250 all in. The M4 clone will be about $950 by the time I am done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12