Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

“ A gun behind every blade of grass”

Ok, there’s another meme going around mentioning Yamamoto’s alleged quote stating the reason Japan never considered invading the US was because there “would be a gun behind every blade of grass”. Then politifact says it’s fake. I remember reading in Guns and Ammo that Yamamoto’s quote was true, but so far any internet searches I try only state the meme is fake.
    So did Yamamoto say it or not? Was the Japanese military concerned about all the guns in civilian hands in the U.S. or not? Can anyone show me some historic proof? Any help would be appreciated.

As much as I want it to be true, I think it was just a rumor.

I am a Forum User
    If it wasn't true then, it sure is now...

I am a Forum User
    I think it's a quote that has been falsely attributed to him for so long it's become truth. Just like politicans' lies, repeat them enough and it becomes true.

I'm a pretty big WW2 buff. My understanding is that he believed that invading the US mainland would have been a disaster because of an armed populace, but he never actually said the quote attributed to him.
    Although, if he had, he would have been right. Even more so today. Perhaps ANTIFA and the BLM thugs could learn something.

Dice

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    I'm a pretty big WW2 buff. My understanding is that he believed that invading the US mainland would have been a disaster because of an armed populace, but he never actually said the quote attributed to him.
    Although, if he had, he would have been right. Even more so today. Perhaps ANTIFA and the BLM thugs could learn something.

Dice
    I think the real problem was the 6,500 mile deep water supply line. As for an armed populace, well, it helps, but there's more to being a militiaman, never mind a solider, than simply owning a firearm. Sadly, there are lots of chickenhawks, aged, and physically unfit people in the realm of firearms owners nowadays.

I have no idea was Antifa or BLM have to do with Japan in 1941.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    Perhaps ANTIFA and the BLM thugs could learn something.
    LOL, their very existence suggests they did not learn history - of anything, anywhere. We just need to learn to not tolerate bullies and hit back. Their existence is perpetuated by the leftist media, and as soon as a crisis bigger than them occurs, BLM and ANTIFA (and those that identify with the "Squad") will go down with the change of subject.

And God help the Mckloskeys from that woke idiot prosecutor.
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

I cannot verify it that he said it, but its common in military circles people have correctly predicted who will do what 100-200 years in advance. You never know when but some things are basically just math and natural progession.

He certainly did the math. USA is a big country, with a lot of people, with a lot of guns. Tens of millions of country kids back then could shoot the lights out.

It would be much worse than the US is vietnam. No way to pull it off, a disaster.

Along the lines of what I was saying, this is why it was so important for us to control from ocean to ocean, for us to have hawaii, for us to buy alaska and get russia off this continent. Some things can only end up one way.

MGO Board of Directors

My father once mentioned this quote and it made me feel pretty good until I realized that the average American with a deer rifle has about 12 cartridges left in the box of 20 that he bought five years ago.
    Many of us on this forum have FAR more rounds but I even question how long those would be useful when a tank comes rumbling down main street.

Quote Originally Posted by esq_stu View Post
    And God help the Mckloskeys from that woke idiot prosecutor.
    They sure need all the help they can get now!
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.