Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AR Optic?

I am a Forum User

AR Optic?

What’s a good budget optic for an AR?

Regular scope? Red dot? Other crazy optic types that I don’t completely understand?

Thanks!

I am a Forum User
    Depends on what you're looking for.

I just picked up a Holosun 503 and have been enjoying it a lot, and they take a lot more abuse then most of the other inexpensive options out there.

There are illuminated red dot scopes as well. You should consider that if you have so so eyes, or will use it to hunt in dark woods.

There are tons of choices is you idea of budget ,200-300 ?

If you can go to $300 you have tons of choices.

If you just want cheap red dot.

Grab the second cheapest primary arms with the lifetime warranty, I think it's $129.

Dip your toes in the red dot water and see if you like it.

Vortex Sparc AR is the most bang for the buck when shopping red dots IMO.

You can get them on sale for $130.
    Rubber jacket
    Two mounts included, absolute and lower 1/3
    Can change battery-aa or aaa without removing
    Night vision compatible
    Auto off
    Covers included
    Vortex warranty-take it somewhere that sells Vortex and they hand you a new one.
    Caps double as adjustment tool

Name:  vtx_rd_sparc-ar_fl.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  78.3 KB
    Last edited by oldmann1967; 07-14-2020 at 08:35 AM.

I am a Forum User
    I recently bought a Riton red dot and their 3x magnifier just to give them a shot. Never used a dot and magnifier combo, so wanted to experience it. So far I am impressed. Budget friendly with a no BS lifetime warranty from a company that is veteran owned.

And so I don't sound like a shill, I still prefer a low power illuminated variable scope (1-6x or similar). Pick a reputable manufacturer like Vortex, Leupold etc and I'm sure you'll be happy.

I am a Forum User
    Look at a 1-4, 1-6 or 1-8 scope. On 1 power it is just like any red dot. Both eyes open quick reflex. Zoom it up for distance shooting. Best of both worlds. Primary Arms ACSS are a good budget option. Excellent glass and very functional. The Vortex Strike Eagle is another nice one.

I am a Forum User
    So far I have been happy with the Sig branded red dots. They hold a zero, that's what matters most. Still love my Eotech the most though.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Danco411 View Post
    Look at a 1-4, 1-6 or 1-8 scope. On 1 power it is just like any red dot. Both eyes open quick reflex. Zoom it up for distance shooting. Best of both worlds. Primary Arms ACSS are a good budget option. Excellent glass and very functional. The Vortex Strike Eagle is another nice one.
    I'll second this. I have separate ARs with different configurations, but for a do all setup a 1-8 variable scope would be my choice.

I am a Forum User

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast