Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AR Optic?

MGO Member
    The Sig Romeo 5 is a nice red dot at a decent price. heck the Bushnell TRS25 is a nice optic as well. you'll need one with a riser to use on an AR. Otherwise the Bushnell AR scopes are pretty decent, They make a 1-4x that is reasonably priced.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta Demoni View Post
    What’s a good budget optic for an AR?

Regular scope? Red dot? Other crazy optic types that I don’t completely understand?

Thanks!
    For a pistol, go red dot (as long as you don't have astigmatism). Sig Sauer Romeo5 is on all my AR pistols, but Primary Arms and Vortex make similar models.

For rifle, for the price you can't beat the Primary Arms SLx 1-6x24 or 1-8x24 SFP Illuminated ACSS (lifetime warranty).

I'm a Primary Arms authorized dealer, so HMU if you need something. The 1-6 is OOS (dealer allocation) right now, but the 1-8 is in stock.

I am a Forum User
    Guess it depends on what you want to do with your rifle..
    If you participate in action style shooting competitions, that reward speed over accuracy,
    I could see the attraction to a red dot..maybe in some hunting situations ?

I tried a red dot years ago..(an aimpoint) but didn't like it ..was not able to shoot it with the same accuracy as a conventional scope.
    Didn't stay on rifle long, replaced with a conventional scope. Recently, I've started buying higher powered scopes for my rifles, as my eyes aren't as sharp as the were in the past.

Just bought a new scope for one of my AR's.. the Bushnell Elite 3500 Rifle Scope - 4-12x40mm,
    found on sale https://www.natchezss.com/bushnell-e...cle-matte.html

Had previously tried another Bushnell, I thought was good for the price..Bushnell AR Rifle Scope - 4.5-18x40mm DZ 223
    https://www.natchezss.com/bushnell-a...ack-matte.html

both allow me to see the small targets I use, trying to shoot the smallest groups that I can .

again, your choice depends on how you're going to use your rifle..

MGO Member
    Just bought a 2x Prism from Primary Arms and am most impressed! Plan on ordering another in the mourning.

Banned
    Yeah man lvpo (low variable power optic)

I am a Forum User
    I'm new to ARs, and I just bought one that doesn't come with any sights. If I go with a red dot, do I need a front sight too, or does the red dot stand alone?

Quote Originally Posted by MK1 View Post
    I'm new to ARs, and I just bought one that doesn't come with any sights. If I go with a red dot, do I need a front sight too, or does the red dot stand alone?
    I would get back up sights if money allows.

But yes, if you have a flat top receiver and a front rail you can just leave it as is, and slide on a red dot and just use the red dot.

https://www.primaryarms.com/MCategories+Sights

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I would get back up sights if money allows.

But yes, if you have a flat top receiver and a front rail you can just leave it as is, and slide on a red dot and just use the red dot.

https://www.primaryarms.com/MCategories+Sights
    If you could only choose one, would you go red dot or iron sights? It'll mostly be used for home defense and plinking.

I am a Forum User
    If you could only choose one, would you go red dot or iron sights? It'll mostly be used for home defense and plinking.
    I would get a red dot, and change the batteries on my birthday.

Stand alone. You might opt for flip up rear a front sights in case your dot dies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast