Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AR Optic?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    Vortex Sparc AR is the most bang for the buck when shopping red dots IMO.

You can get them on sale for $130.
    Rubber jacket
    Two mounts included, absolute and lower 1/3
    Can change battery-aa or aaa without removing
    Night vision compatible
    Auto off
    Covers included
    Vortex warranty-take it somewhere that sells Vortex and they hand you a new one.
    Caps double as adjustment tool

Attachment 89058
    vortex has a bunch of very good sub 200 stuff. I have one and like it. Quality seems very good and warranty might be the best out there.

You do not even need paper work, you can sell it off, or buy one at a garage sale and if it breaks they send you a new one.

I have the strikefire II. Which I think is right around 180-200 bucks. Might find it cheaper if you look around.

I am a Forum User
    PSA just advertised a Holsun red dot for $129.00, which seems to be good price.They sold out in less than a day, but you may be able to get on for that price, if you ask.. (saw the same ad today though they sold out yesterday)
    Interesting thing is, I started reading up on the advertised Holsun red dot, & in some places they say it is the same sight as the one of the popular Sig Red Dots..& that the same sight is sold under a variety of different brands, just labeled differently.
    A visual comparison made between the Holsun model & the Sig version showed them to be identical, from outward appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by MK1 View Post
    If you could only choose one, would you go red dot or iron sights? It'll mostly be used for home defense and plinking.
    Hmm buy a flat top. Put on the flip up sights for now. You are good to go for home defense.

You can always find 130-200 later and ad a red dot.

I am a Forum User
    I have been using the Nikon P-223 4x12 for mine and love it but if you are more looking for red dot I'm clueless.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Hmm buy a flat top. Put on the flip up sights for now. You are good to go for home defense.

You can always find 130-200 later and ad a red dot.
    Thanks for the advice. I just ordered a set of Ozark Armament sights. If it's good to have both anyway, I might as well go with the cheaper option. It's not like I can find ammo to shoot anyway, so it doesn't really matter what I have for sights.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123