Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Best form 1 "Kit"

Any of you guys do this yet? I have access to a lathe and mill. Nothing really fancy. Been looking at the JK Armament

I am a Forum User
    https://solventtrapsdirect.com/

Some of their parts are here at better prices....... https://sdtacticalarms.com/

MGO Member
    An ignorant close friend of mine wants to know what a solvent trap is. Please be kind as he is very sensitive,

I am a Forum User
    Basically they are 80% suppressors, which makes them legal to sell because they call them solvent traps and they are not complete you have to do machining to complete them. There is some gray area to this and some companies and or websites have been shut down for selling these.

https://www.thetrace.org/2017/05/sol...er-suppressor/

Quote Originally Posted by POPPAJ View Post
    An ignorant close friend of mine wants to know what a solvent trap is. Please be kind as he is very sensitive,
    Solvent trap - oil filter screwed onto the end of barrel via a thread adapter to catch oils and solvents draining from barrel as to not make a mess in gun safe. Once "accidentally" pierced becomes a silencer of sorts.

I am a Forum User
    I've done four now. What caliber/muzzle device are you thinking of?

I am a Forum User
    I'm looking at them too. The JK kit is aluminum, not sure how durable they would be. I'm not going to use them for my application for that reason.

JR machine products has some nice looking kits with titanium tubes and steel cups. People seem to be happy with them.

Ecco machining gets raved about on arfcom, but I've been on his waiting list for almost 4 months. I reached out to make sure this was normal and Nick told me he had no idea about how long it might take to get back to machining kits, he's just so busy.

If I go form 1, I'll probably use the JR machine kit, but I'm contemplating just buying a commercial form 4 can instead.

Look the places I referenced up on Facebook and send them a message in order to get the fasted response from them.

Check out https://diversifiedmachine.us/ He is in Michigan, so shipping should be fairly fast.

I am a Forum User
    what type ? pistol? rifle? multi-cal?

makes a difference, sort of. i dipped my.toes.in a form 1 22lr, and it was pretty fun.. process and
    final product

now doing a.9mm/350leg version. rifle length for both. alum tube, steel baffles. tons.of various
    designs and thoughts.on whats best.. more trial and error kind of stuff, makes you learn!

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Jmarch,
    Is this thread still open? I'm new here and have several 7.62 barrels that I'd like to try a can on. I have a Form1 in for a 8.5" .30 caliber can, but the direction i wanted to go with a monocore is probably going to be crappy. I'm thinking of changing to a kit from Quitebore, but I wanted to see if you know of any other ones?