Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    MGO Member

Good Budget Friendly Drop In AR Trigger

Hey all,

I want to replace my Sig 516 Trigger with something lighter and with a more crisp break. Easy install and budget friendly are important. Probably single stage and somewhere around 4 pounds. What do you all recommend? TIA

I am a Forum User
    I just put together a budget lower and wanted the same thing as you. a nice, crisp, single stage trigger with no creep and a solid short as possible reset. I didn't want to spend a lot of money and ended up going with a Rise Armament, Rave 140. Drop-in installation took a minute total and for a trigger I found local for under $100 I am ecstatic.

I was in a bind and wasn't able to find much local, I also wanted to get my build done in one day so I made the purchase without reading any reviews. I have absolutely no regrets and several friends have purchased or ordered the same trigger after trying mine. I don't know what your budget is but look at the Rise series of triggers.

Edited to add that the trigger is advertised as being 3.5 lbs but is closer to 4 lbs with my finger placement.

I am a Forum User
    LaRue MBT-2S, pick your style (straight or curved). $80 and you won't find anything better unless you step up the price considerably.

I have a couple of the CMC single stage flat triggers that I’m very pleased with. On sale you can get then for about $120.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmanmike View Post
    I just put together a budget lower and wanted the same thing as you. a nice, crisp, single stage trigger with no creep and a solid short as possible reset. I didn't want to spend a lot of money and ended up going with a Rise Armament, Rave 140. Drop-in installation took a minute total and for a trigger I found local for under $100 I am ecstatic.

I was in a bind and wasn't able to find much local, I also wanted to get my build done in one day so I made the purchase without reading any reviews. I have absolutely no regrets and several friends have purchased or ordered the same trigger after trying mine. I don't know what your budget is but look at the Rise series of triggers.

Edited to add that the trigger is advertised as being 3.5 lbs but is closer to 4 lbs with my finger placement.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked at this one. Where did you find it locally if you don’t mind?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaddy View Post
    LaRue MBT-2S, pick your style (straight or curved). $80 and you won't find anything better unless you step up the price considerably.
    Looking for a single stage but thanks.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    I have a couple of the CMC single stage flat triggers that I’m very pleased with. On sale you can get then for about $120.
    I have read good reviews on this one and it is on top of my list. I think I like the CCT instead of flat. Thanks

I am a Forum User
    For $90 you can get the hiperfire EDT trigger. I have the designated marksman version so it is a flat trigger. For 90 I was very impressed comparing it to a single stage flat blade cmc trigger. It has super positive reset and minimal travel. This is my go to trigger now unless I decide to jump up to the $150-$200 range.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tondriver View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked at this one. Where did you find it locally if you don’t mind?
    There is a pawn shop in Jackson called Action Sports. They have a small firearms section that when I called a couple weeks ago, held everything I needed in one place.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tondriver View Post
    Hey all,

I want to replace my Sig 516 Trigger with something lighter and with a more crisp break. Easy install and budget friendly are important. Probably single stage and somewhere around 4 pounds. What do you all recommend? TIA
    I am using a Velocity MPC that has been great. I did get a bad coating on my hammer but they replaced it free of charge. I have really enjoyed it for the price and options.
    Overall reset is very very short, pretty much zero take up just straight wall and bang!
    You can get them from Velocity or other vendors: https://velocitytriggers.com/product/mpc-triggers/

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast