Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    How about a free class for legislators and staff? Fulfill our educational goals and build relationships with our law makers.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    How about a free class for legislators and staff? Fulfill our educational goals and build relationships with our law makers.
    This has been done in the past with great success ( not by MGO). It was a basic first shooter class and was attended by staff mostly.

We would need a local gun club in the Lansing area to use their range.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear View Post
    This has been done in the past with great success ( not by MGO). It was a basic first shooter class and was attended by staff mostly.

We would need a local gun club in the Lansing area to use their range.
    I heard there's one we're currently attacking in the fire pit. Maybe an olive branch would suffice?

Also..I remember the last time this subject was discussed..and I believe it ended with Gary being chased out of the forum/org because there were conflicting views on what should be taught, who should teach it, and who should be paid what for it.

Just want to make sure we dont repeat the mistakes of the past.

MGO LIFE Member
    All other discussion aside, because the smaller details will... likely hammer themselves out as they arise, and until then we're addressing a lot of thought experiments, opinions, and whatif scenarios?

I kind of see making this happen, requiring a list?

Staffing
    [ ] Trainers, CPL instructor certified.
    How many are necessary to fulfill this, I recall seeing an offer to co-teach a class but not lead. Are there necessary costs, or backup instructors should one have something immediate/critical come up?
    [ ] Legal / .... nvm. Legal, haha just kidding about the alternative.
    We had a volunteer to teach the legal portion. Are there necessary costs, or backup instructors should one have something immediate/critical come up?
    [ ] Range Safety Officers
    Quantity begins to pivot on how large the range and class room will or can be, how many students you want to limit the total class occupancy to. I feel like given the number of volunteers necessary to run the event, and distance involved that we should aim for a class size of say.. 20? (Theoretical example I am not sure if there is a maximum class size dictated by the course)
    [ ] Certified firearm instructors
    Someone mentioned there is a maximum number of students per instructor. This goes back to total class occupancy.
    [ ] Other Support staff?

Location(s)
    [ ] Classroom
    Associated costs, Maximum occupancy, lighting, seating, Heating/Cooling pending season, consider possible limitations required by distancing even if we don't like them.
    [ ] Range
    Associated costs, How many people can occupy the firing line at once, indoor outdoor, permission to use range and teach class on their range is typically a monetary conflict of interest for most established ranges as they will offer their own CPL courses.

Materials
    [ ] Class materials.
    [ ] Target materials.
    [ ] Trailer and or trailer hauler.
    [ ] Likelihood of feeding people.

Other
    [ ] Insurance
    This is a concern that has been brought up several times, and never seems to be satisfied.

Date
    [ ] Advertise it once you've got it.
    Fill up a class. Rinse and repeat. Possibly use the class as a membership pickup line at shows outdoorama, woods & water, etc etc, with a class scheduled for those new acquisitions in the near future after those events.

Did I miss anything?

Start checking off boxes with numbers and names? It might be worth pinning the list to the beginning of a thread and update it with all of the volunteers locations dates materials etc.
    I would volunteer to help organize but, I'll be honest, a project of this magnitude is a bit.. daunting, and I'm looking at moving among other big chaotic changes, and it likely certainly helps for the organizer(s) to be a member of the decision makers... (yes I'm looking at you folk with green names)

It is at least a start. Feel free to steal the list, add or remove items that are relevant or.. not lol.

We need an MGO CPL class! I just tried ordering materials from the NRA. They are out, again, and it will be weeks before they see more books. They have no other options available. I tried calling in to them and I believe that the training division is just a myth and doesn't really exist. This is ridiculous and we will not be able to set a date for a class until we have the materials. Additionally, the class size will be determined by the materials on hand rather than space in the classroom.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

MGO LIFE Member
    That is one way to limit a class. I have been getting emails from probably 4 different locations talking about how they're increasing their class offerings and including weekday classes, extra weekday classes, weekend classes etc... so that's probably where all the books are going.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234