Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Ottawa County Rabbit Hunt WITH BEAGLE Tag Along

Hello All-

Avid rabbit hunter here. Usually solo, stomping piles, putting in miles, with a quick draw. I've had a lot of success with this style in and out of snow. My family of 4 is contemplating a beagle that would be for rabbiting but also a family pet. Trouble is, I've never hunted with a beagle before so I'm not sure its something that would improve my efforts in the woods as much as I think it may. I am in Ottawa county, just west of Grand Rapids - do any of you out there that hunt with beagles, ever allow someone to roll along with you? I'd love to watch the pup(s) work and measure the success and if it would translate into the solution my family is looking for.

Thanks in advance.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by PGWG View Post
    Hello All-

Avid rabbit hunter here. Usually solo, stomping piles, putting in miles, with a quick draw. I've had a lot of success with this style in and out of snow. My family of 4 is contemplating a beagle that would be for rabbiting but also a family pet. Trouble is, I've never hunted with a beagle before so I'm not sure its something that would improve my efforts in the woods as much as I think it may. I am in Ottawa county, just west of Grand Rapids - do any of you out there that hunt with beagles, ever allow someone to roll along with you? I'd love to watch the pup(s) work and measure the success and if it would translate into the solution my family is looking for.

Thanks in advance.
    Wait, there's something west of GR?!?!?

I have hunted rabbits and hare with and without beagles.
    I much prefer hunting with beagles!
    I do not own any beagles, so I do not have a dog in this fight (sorry for the pun--well, no I'm not).
    Besides greater success, there is just a primordial thrill to hunting with dogs.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
    Wait, there's something west of GR?!?!?
    haha there's DOZENS of us over here