Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

New- 46 Days (All During Covid-19 Lockdown)

Applied for CPL at Monroe County Clerks 06/23/2020 and did the fingerprints the hour immediately following. Still waiting for my permit to come in the mail as of 07/27/2020. Anyone know what the processing times are like during Covid-19 in Monroe or any other counties in Michigan? I know I still have a little less than 2 weeks less to receive my license on the 45 day period, but I feel like I should have gotten it in the mail by now considering there are not that many permits pending on July 01 2020 according to the state police website due to limited classes being offered. I will update the forum when I get the permit. Let me know if you have any information regarding this I look forward to talking to all my fellow Monroe gun owners.

EDIT: I received my CPL on 07/08/2020 meaning that it was a total of 46 days. I had to call them on day 42 but I think they mailed it before then based on the postmark. Overall Monroe County is a joke with their processing times and will remain this way until we vote the bad ones out. Luckily I applied the second day that they began accepting new applications. Good luck to everyone applying during the backlog that we have now.

APPLIED:06/23/2020 and fingerprinted 1 hour later same day
    EFFECTIVE DATE: 07/31/2020
    STAMP DATE: 08/03/2020
    IN MAILBOX: 08/08/2020
    Last edited by WildBanshee117; 08-08-2020 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Received Permit

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I applied on July 17th, so it looks like I have quite a long wait ahead of me if you're 30+ days in. I was hoping the turnaround time was faster based on that same report you referenced, but it doesn't look like it.

I am a Forum User
    Yes I am 35 days in at this point. From what I understand Monroe is always really bad a processing CPL permits in a timely manor. I know of people who call on day 45 and they then send it in the mail that day because they "forgot" to mail it. That is when you see active dates 2 weeks before the mailing date. You applied in Monroe right?

Yes, I applied in Monroe. They did flat-out tell me they'd mail the permit in 45 days. I won't be calling on day 45 – I'll use my fingerprint receipt as my license.

I am a Forum User
    They told me to call them after 45 days if I have not received it yet because that means that there is a problem. I personally do not feel comfortable using the receipt as my license even though it is legal. For all I know my license is in the mail right now anyway. I will definitely update the forum once I get it. Monroe county needs more data on this site.

I can understand that. Though, the law was made so that, should any county be incompetent or purposefully delayed in sending licenses, the receipt becomes the license. I fully expect Monroe county to not send a license on time. I have a few friends that never received theirs and have been carrying their receipts only since the beginning of the year. I have done all of the steps required of me by law. If they do not send a license or denial within 45 days, my receipt will be what I carry with me.

I am a Forum User
    They definitely need to call the county clerks office to see what is going on. Could be lost mail or maybe they got denied and do not know it yet and are carrying illegally. They should be able to tell them what is going on in two minutes over the phone.

Edit: 08/05/2020 called the clerks office yesterday and they said that it should be in the mail. Based on past history this likely means that they mailed it right after we hung up. Hopefully I can update this forum with the date of which I receive my license.
    Last edited by WildBanshee117; 08-05-2020 at 08:40 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by koobiluphi View Post
    I can understand that. Though, the law was made so that, should any county be incompetent or purposefully delayed in sending licenses, the receipt becomes the license. I fully expect Monroe county to not send a license on time. I have a few friends that never received theirs and have been carrying their receipts only since the beginning of the year. I have done all of the steps required of me by law. If they do not send a license or denial within 45 days, my receipt will be what I carry with me.
    I’m on day 43 right now. I’m not even calling the clerk’s office if I don’t have it by Saturday. I already have my receipt in my wallet ready to go. It’s been a long wait but the end is finally near. Monroe completely shut down for a while there so I’m sure they aren’t in any hurry to get these out. Probably waiting for people to call so they can just take the 2 minutes to mail them out. When they were shut down and stopped processing CPLs, I called once in a while to see if they started up and I always got an attitude from the office staff there. Not expecting to see my license by Saturday. Hopefully they speed up for everyone else.

I am a Forum User
    Yes I agree with you Monroe County Clerks office employees are some mean people. I also had to wait for them to reopen I completed my class June 5th but could not even apply until the 23rd which I believe is the second day they began accepting new applications. I should have mine Friday or Saturday if they mailed it out right after I called. If not they will get a second phone call from me, because I paid hundreds of dollars for the plastic card and I WILL get my plastic card.

Edit: Today, August 7th, is day 45 for me. Any days past this is in violation of Michigan law if it is not printed and in the mail to me by the end of the day.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBanshee117 View Post
    Yes I agree with you Monroe County Clerks office employees are some mean people. I also had to wait for them to reopen I completed my class June 5th but could not even apply until the 23rd which I believe is the second day they began accepting new applications. I should have mine Friday or Saturday if they mailed it out right after I called. If not they will get a second phone call from me, because I paid hundreds of dollars for the plastic card and I WILL get my plastic card.

Edit: Today, August 7th, is day 45 for me. Any days past this is in violation of Michigan law if it is not printed and in the mail to me by the end of the day.

Well since you got fingerprinted on the 23rd, yesterday (the 6th) would’ve been 45 days. You can just carry now with the receipt. I really wouldn’t wait around for the clerk’s office, or tell them you want to pick it up. Did they confirm it had been mailed or did they just “guess?”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast