Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    When I called they said it was in the mail. That most likely means they sent it out after I called. I should have it today.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBanshee117 View Post
    When I called they said it was in the mail. That most likely means they sent it out after I called. I should have it today.
    Let us know if you get it today. I use informed delivery from the USPS so I can preview my mail soon as I wake up, nothing for me today. I’m not holding my breath. Really a shame you have to call them to get them to stay on top of things, especially when you pay $100 just for them to process an application. Makes it worse when you hear about other counties getting them in people’s hands in a few weeks. It’s not like we’re in Wayne, Oakland or Macomb with massive populations. I have to go downtown today for something else and I may walk in there and see if I can just pick mine up.

Good luck, and on the bright side the long wait is finally over.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for telling me about informed delivery. The envelope was scanned yesterday and has a stamp date of August 3rd. According to USPS website it will typically arrive the day of the scan or 1-3 days after. Like today I got a bill the was scanned 2 days ago on Wednesday. If it is lost in the mail natew I imagine you will see your permit before I see mine. Ill be walking myself into the clerks office for a 10 dollar replacement next week if it does not show up soon. Definitely let me know if you receive yours in the mean time so I can gauge whether or not mine is lost or if USPS is really bad.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBanshee117 View Post
    Thanks for telling me about informed delivery. The envelope was scanned yesterday and has a stamp date of August 3rd. According to USPS website it will typically arrive the day of the scan or 1-3 days after. Like today I got a bill the was scanned 2 days ago on Wednesday. If it is lost in the mail natew I imagine you will see your permit before I see mine. Ill be walking myself into the clerks office for a 10 dollar replacement next week if it does not show up soon. Definitely let me know if you receive yours in the mean time so I can gauge whether or not mine is lost or if USPS is really bad.
    Mail speed might be different you then. For me whatever is scanned I get the day it is scanned, been that way for months. Now USPS has been slow in general with delivery dates so it’s possible it’s just sitting up there. I hear there have been a lot of call offs and I see a different mailman every day it seems like. I’ll make a thread tomorrow regardless if I receive it or not. If I had to guess I won’t get it tomorrow. I’ll just use my receipt and give it a few weeks before I call them. I didn’t even bother stopping in there today when I was downtown. I think the clerk is just slow.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I’m sitting at 22 days. I too have my receipt in my wallet. I have every expectation that it will not be mailed until I call, which I won’t do. We need to keep an eye on the election for county clerk. Sandra Blank will likely ensure a greater bottleneck appears for CPL mail outs.
    Last edited by koobiluphi; 08-08-2020 at 09:55 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by koobiluphi View Post
    I’m sitting at 22 days. I too have my receipt in my wallet. I have every expectation that it will not be mailed until I call, which I won’t do. We need to keep an eye on the election for county clerk. Sandra Blank will likely ensure a greater bottleneck appears for CPL mail outs.

Lemasters has to go. What a joke that office is at the moment. I really shouldn’t have to call up there and remind them to do their job.

I am a Forum User
    Being slow is one thing, but they are also rude and will hang up on you if they get tired of talking. Then you have to call back and thy pretend like nothing happened. I hope that she gets voted out as well, if they cant send out mail on time they certainly cannot run the courthouse clerks office. Best of luck to you both. I should be getting mine today according to USPS I will update you all shortly.

Edit: Received Permit today, see first post for details. Best of luck to both of you, I hope you are able to get your permits soon.
    Last edited by WildBanshee117; 08-08-2020 at 02:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12