Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Jgsales.com

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mudoven View Post
    There used to be a guy that frequented the gun shows at Gibraltar Trade Center in Mt. Clemens (also the Novi show at the Suburban Collection Showplace) that had alot of mil-surps...his wife would also set up tables and sell t-shirts, candles, and other non-gun related hippy dippy stuff. I've bought a few off him, but can't remember his name.
    That dude is a pile of crap, watched him rip off some old lady selling a legit mosin sniper gave her a few hundo and then slapped a $1k+ price tag on it. Not to mention how he treats his wife like complete s**t.

I am a Forum User
    Go to CMP Forum,
    Then under Marketplace
    Pick your flavor.
    There are Parts Wanted and For Sale.
    Sub-Forums lists guns for sale or trade.
    Also has a Buyer-Seller Feedback Forum.
    All of the above listed in 'Marketplace'.
    Often I find sellers from here in Michigan.
    Bookmark and look often. Items can sell very quickly.

The Carbine Collectors Club Forum also has a pretty good WTS / WTB section

Good Luck,
    Charlie-Painter777

Seems like I see stuff on the shelf at little hole-in-the-wall gun shops in the middle of nowhere.

That reminds me, I need to go see if the gun store in Freeport has anything.

I am a Forum User
    My last Milsurp purchase last Oct came from striking up a conversation with another customer while we both waited for haircuts. A older than me gentleman whose eyes lit up when I mentioned collecting M1 Carbines. As he set in the barbers chair, he said he thought he had one with some other arms he had stored away years ago. He wrote down his address (about 5 miles away) and I arrived 20 minutes later. He was digging out a number of misc deer rifles, then some 03's and M1 Garands as he was pulling them out he was asking if I was interested in any of those. I (again) explained I collected Carbines. As he dug more rifles out he finally got to the back of his closet and pulled out not one but a pair of dusty canvas cased M1 Carbines. He laughed, because he had been saying maybe he was wrong and didn't have one. He'd forgot about having 2 of them. I purchased both along with some WWII boxed LC ammo and misc gear. His asking price was too low. Note: Don't jump me here: I'm willing to pay 'Both are Happy' amounts. He was recalling the days of $200 Carbines being at Dept Stores. Expecting there to just being 1 there, I had to make a 10 minute round trip to my bank for more cash. When I returned he had a S&W Navy marked Victory revolver and M3 shoulder holster with rigger added cartridge loops, on the table. I paid up for the 2 Carbines, WWII era canvas cases, 10- 15 rd WWII mags (Misc makers) 4 of the 10 being in the wrap, a few belt mag pouches and the boxed Ammo. I looked over the Navy and seen it was all numbers matching with a V49,xxx serial number, with original finish and grips. Got the S&W letter from him that was in the case with the holster. Back to the Bank, even though he said I could stop back by and pay him later. He's in Florida right now, but got the word to me he has something I might like to see when he returns in early spring. Needless to say Hurry Up Spring !

The Carbines: The Inland is serial range 5,061,xxx, .U. marked Flip Sight, Type II barrel band, 3-44 dated BLC made Inland barrel, all correct with a near spotless stock and strong CC Stamp.
    The other a Underwood W code Sub Contract made receiver (Universal Winding) in the 2 mil SN block, all correct except it has a Adj Rear sight.
    Both with original C tip slings, 1 marked S.M. Co and I believe 44 between the snap (Ink is smudged).

Sometimes you just get lucky. Sometimes you don't...... A Similar situation where I followed a guy from Home Depot for nearly a hour to see when getting there his carbine was a beater Commercial Iver Johnson....

Just trying to say... You never know, Always worth easing in to a conversation or starting one.

Milsurp Hunting...... More Than a Hobby

Good Luck,
    Charlie-Painter777

I am a Forum User
    My last Milsurp purchase last Oct came from striking up a conversation with another customer while we both waited for haircuts. A older than me gentleman whose eyes lit up when I mentioned collecting M1 Carbines. As he set in the barbers chair, he said he thought he had one with some other arms he had stored away years ago. He wrote down his address (about 5 miles away) and I arrived 20 minutes later. He was digging out a number of misc deer rifles, then some 03's and M1 Garands as he was pulling them out he was asking if I was interested in any of those. I (again) explained I collected Carbines. As he dug more rifles out he finally got to the back of his closet and pulled out not one but a pair of dusty canvas cased M1 Carbines. He laughed, because he had been saying maybe he was wrong and didn't have one. He'd forgot about having 2 of them. I purchased both along with some WWII boxed LC ammo and misc gear. His asking price was too low. Note: Don't jump me here: I'm willing to pay 'Both are Happy' amounts. He was recalling the days of $200 Carbines being at Dept Stores. Expecting there to just being 1 there, I had to make a 10 minute round trip to my bank for more cash. When I returned he had a S&W Navy marked Victory revolver and M3 shoulder holster with rigger added cartridge loops, on the table. I paid up for the 2 Carbines, WWII era canvas cases, 10- 15 rd WWII mags (Misc makers) 4 of the 10 being in the wrap, a few belt mag pouches and the boxed Ammo. I looked over the Navy and seen it was all numbers matching with a V49,xxx serial number, with original finish and grips. Got the S&W letter from him that was in the case with the holster. Back to the Bank, even though he said I could stop back by and pay him later. He's in Florida right now, but got the word to me he has something I might like to see when he returns in early spring. Needless to say Hurry Up Spring !

The Carbines: The Inland is serial range 5,061,xxx, .U. marked Flip Sight, Type II barrel band, 3-44 dated BLC made Inland barrel, all correct with a near spotless stock and strong CC Stamp.
    The other a Underwood W code Sub Contract made receiver (Universal Winding) in the 2 mil SN block, all correct except it has a Adj Rear sight.
    Both with original C tip slings, 1 marked S.M. Co and I believe 44 between the snap (Ink is smudged).

Sometimes you just get lucky. Sometimes you don't...... A Similar situation where I followed a guy from Home Depot for nearly a hour to see when getting there his carbine was a beater Commercial Iver Johnson....

Just trying to say... You never know, Always worth easing in to a conversation or starting one.

Good Luck,
    Charlie-Painter777

I am a Forum User

Good Luck,
    Charlie-Painter777

MGO Member
    Andy’s Military over this way in Washington (Romeo) usually has a good selection and he is always getting in ‘new’ inventory.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by biohawk1 View Post
    That dude is a pile of crap, watched him rip off some old lady selling a legit mosin sniper gave her a few hundo and then slapped a $1k+ price tag on it. Not to mention how he treats his wife like complete s**t.

Yes, That guy is a POS! He has done that sorta thing for years.

I am a Forum User
    Dennis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12