Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

What S&W am I thinking of?

Years ago I remember coming across a lesser known S&W revolver, but I for the life of me can not figure out what it was.

I was almost positive it was a K-frame
    Stainless
    Fixed rear gutter sight
    Low profile fixed stainless front blade
    4” barrel (maybe offered in 3” as well)
    Almost all were 6 shot, except for a small run of 7 shot guns made for a specific police department

I had thought it had a shrouded ejector rod, which made it stand apart from the model 65....basically a model 66 with low drag sights.

Out of production sometime in the 90’s (I think). Definitely pre-lock.

Does anyone know what model I’m talking about? I kind of have the itch to seek out one of the more uncommon 7 shot models, but can’t for the life of me remember what it’s 3 number model was. I don’t think it was the 619..... but I may be remembering it wrong.

Someone sent me a PM. I think I was remembering the frame incorrectly. I’m almost positive I was thinking of the 681.

MGO Member
    681. There's one for sale here.

Basically a 686 without the adjustable rear sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolomite View Post
    681. There's one for sale here.

Basically a 686 without the adjustable rear sight.

Yep.... I was looking to find one as a low snag camping gun. I would probably end up swapping the hammer out for a spurless one. I’ve been using a 7 shot Taurus 66 as a beat around camper, but really adore the action on my Smith 66-1. Both are snag machines on Fall clothes though.

Model 19 fixed sights, 357 were available in Nickel (it was bright)
    [QUOTE]["Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin/QUOTE]