Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Faxon Fx19- Impressions and Issues with Faxon

Short story: I tried one of these FX19 factory built P80s from Faxon that is built out of OH (Faxon is primarily known for making barrels, slides, and their AR AKs). They were at my local range for a demo and I was impressed with what they had so set myself up as a dealer with them to get in one of their pistols for myself to see if I wanted to start selling them. They claim their pistol was put through the 15k round torture test and is drop tested as well and with dealer pricing it seemed like a good deal. For those who don't know, the FX19 is basically a Glock 19 with aftermarket sights, fancy slide cuts, RMR cut, aftermarket trigger, and their custom P80 lower.

Once I got it, I was impressed with most of it. The fact that for the price, it only came with a single Magpul mag seemed kind of cheap. Faxon is asking $1000 for these things retail and they can't even throw in a Glock mag or at least 3 of the Magul ones? Come on Faxon. This is more personal preference: I hate the Overwatch trigger it came with, thought it was one of the most uncomfortable triggers I ever shot. I'd probably change this in the future if I keep the gun. Honestly, I'd rather them knock $50 off the price of the gun and leave a stock Glock trigger in there with an Edge connector.

What really led me to want to say something about Faxon is the issues I had with the pistol and their customer service department. Immediately upon getting the pistol, it could not make it through a single magazine without some failure to return to battery. I tried different Magpul mags and Glock OEM mags. I tried a new RSA. I tried 4-5 different brands of ammo. I tried with and without my optic on (btw, their CS told me there was a potential issue with "optic screws causing feeding issues with their pistols??). I took the gun apart, cleaned, lubed, and put it back together, no change. I felt I had enough rounds through it to consider it past a "break in" period. I finally had enough and decided to get ahold of their customer service dept. to see what they said.

I fill out their website's contact form, waited several weeks, no response. I sent an e-mail, waited a week, no response. I tried calling several times, every time their queue message just states there are no agents available. Left a voicemail, again, no response after several days. Sent a message to them on their Facebook page, no response. I finally e-mailed the dealer rep I dealt with and asked him what was going on (no response) but I did get an email from a CS rep within a couple of hours after that. Once I did get a hold of someone, they were relatively responsive and sent me a pre-paid label with minimal fuss. At this point, they've had my pistol for about a month without any word. I've tried calling/emailing to see what's up with it and haven't been able to get ahold of anyone.

I had some customers looking into the FX19 and Faxon's PCC but at this point, I've tried to talk them out of it. Maybe their individual parts are fine, but I've had such a bad experience with this pistol and their customer service dept. that I can't honestly recommend them to anyone. Offering a "lifetime guarantee" on your products isn't worth much if no one can get in contact with you to use it.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for posting the details that you provided. I have no interest in Glocks or their clones,
    accessories, etc..but interested in your experience, regardless. I agree with you that though you may recognize that they make good parts,
    and maybe even a fine pistol (when it works) the poor level of customer service would make me avoid doing business with them.

The firearms / accessories market is too competitive to have to do business with companies that deliver such poor customer service.
    Makes one wonder how a business expects to grow / last, if they don't respond to their customers concerns

Update to close this whole experience hopefully:

-I asked what the status of my pistol was after about a month, week and a half went by with no response to my email, left some bad Facebook reviews on their page, left an angry voicemail, and finally got a call back. They were very apologetic and said someone would get it on it the next day and find out what the issue was then let me know (little irked it'd been sitting around for a month with no one looking at it but w/e)

To Faxon's credit, someone DID actually look at it today and said the barrel was defective, was replaced, tested, and was running properly now.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com