Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

NRA Banned Guns giveaway

Hey y'all, anyone used the website to enter the NRA Banned Guns giveaway?

It seems sketchy. You have to put all your credit card info in the page in order to submit, but it says of course you don't have to make a contribution in order to enter the Giveaway. So can you not make free entires online, and only the tickets through the mail?

Has anyone filled it out and clicked Submit My Entry, is there another page past that where you can de-select making any $$ contribution in order to complete entry?

I am a Forum User
    For what it is worth, I would never give my credit card number to the NRA.

Back in the 90's when Bill Clinton was president and was pushing his assault weapon ban, I made a one time $100.00 donation to the NRA with a credit card.

I made sure that I checked the one time donation check box on the post card that was in the firearm news magazine, (this was before the internet) but every month they hit me up for $100.00 and I had to go to the bank and get the $100.00 charge cancelled which I had to do in person at the time with a $5.00 service fee. Called the NRA repeatedly, mailed letters, they still nailed me every month just like clockwork. Got frustrated and after a couple months I cancelled the credit card and got a new one, simply to get beyond the reach of the NRA's funding program.

At the time, a couple of fellow shooters at my gun club were repeatedly charged by the NRA as well and it was one of the first stumbles by the NRA in a long list of disappointments that have resulted in the current NRA's highly respected reputation. The latest fumbles include Wayne La'Piere's wardrobe purchases and vacation funding.

If you do decide to donate to the NRA and have to use a credit card, use a disposable gift card you can buy at the bank.

Regards,
    Cranky
    Last edited by crankythunder; 08-05-2020 at 11:40 AM. Reason: misspellings added to verify authorship by engineer

Quote Originally Posted by jp233 View Post
    Hey y'all, anyone used the website to enter the NRA Banned Guns giveaway?

It seems sketchy. You have to put all your credit card info in the page in order to submit, but it says of course you don't have to make a contribution in order to enter the Giveaway. So can you not make free entires online, and only the tickets through the mail?

Has anyone filled it out and clicked Submit My Entry, is there another page past that where you can de-select making any $$ contribution in order to complete entry?
    Just print the stuff out and mail it in.

MGO Member
    ENTERING IS FAST, EASY, AND FUN:
    1- CHOOSE the guns you'd like to win most.
    2 - SUPPORT NRA's fight for freedom with a voluntary contribution of just $5 per entry.*

*Yeah, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolomite View Post
    ENTERING IS FAST, EASY, AND FUN:
    1- CHOOSE the guns you'd like to win most.
    2 - SUPPORT NRA's fight for freedom with a voluntary contribution of just $5 per entry.*

*Yeah, no thanks.
    I waste my $.47 sending my entries in, but being as their elections aren't even audited I doubt these are fair either.

$0.55

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by crankythunder View Post
    For what it is worth, I would never give my credit card number to the NRA.

Back in the 90's when Bill Clinton was president and was pushing his assault weapon ban, I made a one time $100.00 donation to the NRA with a credit card.

I made sure that I checked the one time donation check box on the post card that was in the firearm news magazine, (this was before the internet) but every month they hit me up for $100.00 and I had to go to the bank and get the $100.00 charge cancelled which I had to do in person at the time with a $5.00 service fee. Called the NRA repeatedly, mailed letters, they still nailed me every month just like clockwork. Got frustrated and after a couple months I cancelled the credit card and got a new one, simply to get beyond the reach of the NRA's funding program.

At the time, a couple of fellow shooters at my gun club were repeatedly charged by the NRA as well and it was one of the first stumbles by the NRA in a long list of disappointments that have resulted in the current NRA's highly respected reputation. The latest fumbles include Wayne La'Piere's wardrobe purchases and vacation funding.

If you do decide to donate to the NRA and have to use a credit card, use a disposable gift card you can buy at the bank.

Regards,
    Cranky
    Gift card is wiser truly, credit card information is a dangerous thing to giveaway.

I am a Forum User
    I put a $1 inside mine with a note that says "Repeal the NFa and you'll get more"