Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ruger 22 Charger chassis for brace

I want to put together a compact .22 charger with a brace. I see quite a few options, but I think I have narrowed it down to PMACA, AGP Arms, and Enoch Industries Odin. I have not purchased the .22 charger yet, but I am not planning on getting the take down as I will get a 4.5" barrel for it.

I forgot to include a link comparing the Odin to PMACA.

Does anyone have experience with any of the chassis systems? for the AGP arms one to work, I would also have to buy a T-connector and hand guard.

https://enoch-industries.com/product...hassis-system/

https://pmacamfg.com/pmaca-10-22-chassis/

https://agparms.com/agp-arms-modular...rger-takedown/
    Last edited by thedonn007; 08-05-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    I just purchased the PMACA for the 10/22 Takedown. Plan on milling some of the forearm to adapt it to the Ruger Silent SR suppressed 10/22 barrel assembly.

Quality seems good.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

I forgot to include a link comparing my top two choices, the Odin and the PMACA.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-odin-chassis/

I am a Forum User
    I just recently completed my charger project. Ultimately decided on the takedown lite and added a SB 1913A folding brace and a Midwest Ind. 8" handguard. It was a fun project and its one of my favorite firearms now.

Check out the Crazy Ivan chassis too.

MGO Member
    I SBR’d a 10/22 in 2001, and I’ve used a variety of stocks on it over the years. I did a PMACA chassis a couple years ago, primarily so I could adjust the stock length for my kids.

With the 4.5” threaded barrel, I had to relieve the front end for a silencer to fit. I was later told they sell one like that from the factory. But it’s not listed on their website. You would have to contact them and ask about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettJ View Post
    I SBR’d a 10/22 in 2001, and I’ve used a variety of stocks on it over the years. I did a PMACA chassis a couple years ago, primarily so I could adjust the stock length for my kids.

With the 4.5” threaded barrel, I had to relieve the front end for a silencer to fit. I was later told they sell one like that from the factory. But it’s not listed on their website. You would have to contact them and ask about it.

Thank you, this is very helpful to know. I have a side folding adapter that I am hoping to use on this as well. I have it on my dedicated .22lr AR-15 lower right now, but the hinge mechanism is getting in the way of me using the charging handle.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettJ View Post

So, I reached out to PMACA about this. They do offer a version of the standard chassis with clearance, but only 1 1/8" for 1/2' back from the front of the chassis. this would not work for my 1.375" suppressor, so they recommend the PMACA Multi Chassis, which I think is meant to have a free float rail, but I have seen some with out a free float being used. The only "issue" for me is that the chassis would be a little bit longer than the 4.5" barrel. Not really an issue, but it would be just a bit longer then it really needs to be.

https://pmacamfg.com/blog/customer-b...hassis-/#Multi

I am thinking something very close to this.

Well, my build is coming together. I need to hone out the cross pin holes on the receiver. Also, I would like to buy a Ruger BX trigger, but they are hard to find right now. I am not sure if I will use this old trigger assembly for now or just wait.

I am planning to buy the PMACA Multi chassis that I posted above, but not in red.

MGO Member
    I built my own charger like pistol from a Brownells BRN22 receiver. Cut down an old 10/22 barrel and an old 10/22 wood stock. Used a pignose adapter, ar pistol grip, UTG folder and a Blade brace. All internal parts came from and old beater 10/22.

No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast