Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB84 View Post
    To what? Physics?
    Anti-gunners. Nothing makes my stomach turn more than gun peeps criticizing other gun peeps because it might offend anti-gun.

I am a Forum User
    He cited 2 instances of kids physically not being able to control the firearm, resulting in tragedy. Then pointed out that a video showing pretty much the same scenario, could be used against the 2A movement in a political fashion.

That's not appeasement. Thats strategy.

And nothing makes my stomach turn more than dead kids, except maybe "gun peeps" who loudly proclaim "you're either with us or against us".

Id rather go down hard, alone, than live standing shoulder to shoulder with the type of comments I see more and more of on MGO

I am a Forum User
    He cited 2 instances of kids physically not being able to control the firearm, resulting in tragedy. Then pointed out that a video showing pretty much the same scenario, could be used against the 2A movement in a political fashion.

That's not appeasement. Thats strategy.

And nothing makes my stomach turn more than dead kids, except maybe "gun peeps" who loudly proclaim "you're either with us or against us".

Id rather go down hard, alone, than live standing shoulder to shoulder with the type of comments I see more and more of on MGO
    Obviously not a problem for this girl. That's like pointing out car crashes by teenagers, and saying other teenagers who are completely capable of handling a vehicle shouldn't be driving. Jackam said this type of stuff fuels the anti-gun crowd, so because of that and his personal experience where he couldn't handle anything more than a BB gun at that age, no one else should either. If the last sentence about the anti-gun part would've been left out, there's no problem with his statement, IF there was an obvious issue with this girl's ability to handle a firearm.

By all means, we should aim to make each other safer and more proficient with firearms. But this type or argument is like concealed carriers nagging on open carriers, even worse than anti-gun people do. Gun owners need to stand united and not nit pick each other.

There's no dead kids here, and no one claiming you're with us or against us. I shared my personal opinion that I'm absolutely sick and tired of watching gun owners attack other gun owners because they're worried about what some panty-waisted beta **** anti-gunners think. It's sickening. You're free to your opinions and I couldn't care less that they are, so go down hard alone by nitpicking other gun owners if that's your choice.
    Last edited by GreaseMonkeySRT; 08-12-2020 at 04:08 PM.

I am a Forum User
    No, it's like saying teenagers are naturally more likely to crash, so they need different guidance during that time. Smh. The total black and white, it's this way or that, my way or the highway never give an inch mentality is what got us here. You call it a need to stand united. I call it a refusal of responsibility to acknowledge there are issues to address that can't be answered with a stamp that says "shall not be infringed"

My Son started shooting with me when he was 8. I started him with my CZ-75, but he quickly moved on to my RRA 9MM, and a 12GA shotgun! One day we had and opportunity to shoot a Barrett 50 cal, he said as long as it's no worse then the 12ga! lol!! Get kids shooting as soon as they are curious about guns, and aren't afraid of them. Show them how to properly handle them, make safe, learn the 4 rules...
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    No, it's like saying teenagers are naturally more likely to crash, so they need different guidance during that time. Smh. The total black and white, it's this way or that, my way or the highway never give an inch mentality is what got us here. You call it a need to stand united. I call it a refusal of responsibility to acknowledge there are issues to address that can't be answered with a stamp that says "shall not be infringed"
    No, gun owners constantly compromising with those that wish to see them disarmed got us here like many so called 2A advocate Republicans have done throughout history.

I never said don't address issues within the community either, so don't put words in my mouth. Policing each other only for the sake of not upsetting the anti-gun crowd is cowardly and foolish, but that doesn't mean their safety or the window. It isn't black and white, you just can't comprehend the color gray.

Constant compromise in hopes of appeasing the anti gun folks is what got us where we are today. A good illustration of that can be seen at the following link:

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/20...o-gun-control/
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to live very long under the tyranny that has begun.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    No, gun owners constantly compromising with those that wish to see them disarmed got us here like many so called 2A advocate Republicans have done throughout history.

I never said don't address issues within the community either, so don't put words in my mouth. Policing each other only for the sake of not upsetting the anti-gun crowd is cowardly and foolish, but that doesn't mean their safety or the window. It isn't black and white, you just can't comprehend the color gray.
    Arguing about whether a child who needs two fingers to pull the trigger is in the company of good judgement shows just how far into the weeds we are

More troubling, is the way you and so many others refer to the PEOPLE you disagree with as the problem, and not their ideas. When was the last time you had an intelligent debate with a "panty-waisted beta **** anti-gunner"? Change many minds with this vocabulary?

Or would that just be a waste of your time since anyone who disagrees with you is stupid at best and dangerous at worst?

Please, make a joke about how an intelligent debate with someone of a different political stripe than you is impossible, and prove my point.

If your issues stand on their own merit, you don't have to resort to demonizing a group. That cuts both ways, and there's plenty of blame to go around here.

But if you wanna be treated with civility, try extending it.

I am a Forum User
    Arguing about whether a child who needs two fingers to pull the trigger is in the company of good judgement shows just how far into the weeds we are

More troubling, is the way you and so many others refer to the PEOPLE you disagree with as the problem, and not their ideas. When was the last time you had an intelligent debate with a "panty-waisted beta **** anti-gunner"? Change many minds with this vocabulary?

Or would that just be a waste of your time since anyone who disagrees with you is stupid at best and dangerous at worst?

Please, make a joke about how an intelligent debate with someone of a different political stripe than you is impossible, and prove my point.

If your issues stand on their own merit, you don't have to resort to demonizing a group. That cuts both ways, and there's plenty of blame to go around here.

But if you wanna be treated with civility, try extending it.
    I've never had an intelligent debate with a rabid anti-gunner because they're incapable of having one. Had plenty of intelligent conversations with people in the middle or ones that didn't already have their mind made up.

I'll never extend civility to those that come at me with complete hostility. Those that would prefer me in jail and locked up or even put to death for owning guns. This is like believing the fight against terrorists could be won by winning their hearts and minds. That policy got a lot of my friends killed. Trying to appease an enemy never works.

I am a Forum User
    That's a very cute, very persuasive cartoon if you choose to focus on the legislation, in a vacuum, with absolutely zero context. Here's a great stat you can use: in 1776 anyone could own any piece of armament, from the smallest pistol to the largest cannon. Today, forget full autos and other things wrapped up in NFA acts.....wheres my Little Boy? How come every time we make a new class of weapon, we regulate it? Shouldn't everything be legal for everyone across the board? Destructive devices shouldn't be in the NFA. I should have the right to have my house wired with C4 in case I'm not home and someone tried to break in. A man's home is his castle!

At what point are you willing to acknowledge the fact that like anything else, weapons need regulation on some level?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast