Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB84 View Post
    That's a very cute, very persuasive cartoon if you choose to focus on the legislation, in a vacuum, with absolutely zero context. Here's a great stat you can use: in 1776 anyone could own any piece of armament, from the smallest pistol to the largest cannon. Today, forget full autos and other things wrapped up in NFA acts.....wheres my Little Boy? How come every time we make a new class of weapon, we regulate it? Shouldn't everything be legal for everyone across the board? Destructive devices shouldn't be in the NFA. I should have the right to have my house wired with C4 in case I'm not home and someone tried to break in. A man's home is his castle!

At what point are you willing to acknowledge the fact that like anything else, weapons need regulation on some level?
    Never. I take the 2nd Amendment literally and seriously.

And this is the issue...gun owners wanting to restrict other gun owners, just not to the same level of anti-gunners but it doesn't make it any better.

It's clear freedom is a scary concept for you, so we'll judge to agree to disagree. Have a nice night.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    I've never had an intelligent debate with a rabid anti-gunner because they're incapable of having one. Had plenty of intelligent conversations with people in the middle or ones that didn't already have their mind made up.

I'll never extend civility to those that come at me with complete hostility. Those that would prefer me in jail and locked up or even put to death for owning guns. This is like believing the fight against terrorists could be won by winning their hearts and minds. That policy got a lot of my friends killed. Trying to appease an enemy never works.
    But throwing around the word "enemies" to denote both terrorists and people who don't agree with you politically, that works wonders as we've seen.

I am a Forum User
    Got it. So I'm talking to an absolutist who believes a ridiculously hyperbolic example is spot on.

How's this for freedom....I'd fight to save your life and rights, after this conversation. You feel the same way, brother?

I am a Forum User
    But throwing around the word "enemies" to denote both terrorists and people who don't agree with you politically, that works wonders as we've seen.
    Then feel free to go be their friends. That won't be me.

There's a big difference between policy disagreements and people that literally state they would prefer you dead for your view. I don't want my views forced on anyone. I simply ask that I'm allowed to live my life and they live theirs. If they don't like guns then they shouldn't buy one. But to demand everyone else bows to their view is when they are enemies of freedom and liberty.

I am a Forum User
    G
    How's this for freedom....I'd fight to save your life and rights, after this conversation. You feel the same way, brother?
    Absolutely, 100%.

I am a Forum User
    For a guy who accuses me of not being able to see grey, you sure are comfortable with absolutes. Enemies or friends. Gun owners, or people who want you dead for owning guns. Every form of armament, or it's treasonous.

There are so few folks at the extremes ends, they've always been there, always will be. And yet you insist on granting them this mystique and power they simply don't have. Your fear blinds you, my friend.

I am a Forum User
    For a guy who accuses me of not being able to see grey, you sure are comfortable with absolutes. Enemies or friends. Gun owners, or people who want you dead for owning guns. Every form of armament, or it's treasonous.

There are so few folks at the extremes ends, they've always been there, always will be. And yet you insist on granting them this mystique and power they simply don't have. Your fear blinds you, my friend.
    I'm not sure I can explain myself any better, as I've already stated I have intelligent and polite conversations with those that are capable of doing so. I'm not claiming to be an absolutist, you're accusing me of being one which is why I'm saying you can't see gray.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234