Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

MI Private Pistol Sale, CPL holder to CPL holder

Guys, I am so much going to apologize for asking this question because I did search and read the recent threads on the RI-060 form and process.

But, I only want to do this ONCE so want to make sure I understand.

- I'm purchasing a handgun from another MI resident (private sale), he has a MI CPL (don't believe that matters).

- I have a MI CPL.

- I believe all I need is to print the RI-060, complete the form (WITH MY CPL number), sign, etc.

- He gets the seller copy, I get the purchaser copy, Washtenaw County Sheriff's Dept. (for me), gets the Licensing Authority Copy.

- Done?

So much appreciate a response. I know these questions get asked in different versions over and over and over again.

I am a Forum User
    Even easier.

Have the seller fill out the RI-60. He has all the firearm info.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks....I have the process down correctly then, yes?

I'm getting a bucket list revolver (early 90s Colt King Cobra 4" matte stainless) from a great friend at a great price.....so I'm more than happy to do ALL the work I can to get the deal done.
    Last edited by cuoffroad; 08-14-2020 at 06:06 PM.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    Yup, you have the process down correct. Just be sure to turn in the RI-60 to your local PD (SD in your case) within 10 days of purchasing and you're good to go.

I am a Forum User
    Mail it.

I am a Forum User
    Appreciate the responses so much, thank you! Doing the deal Sunday.

I drive past the the WCSD main office every day so gonna drop off the form Monday.

Do you know if the WCSD office lobby is open? Do they have an outdoor drop box?

You might find yourself mailing it Monday afternoon.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    According to their website...."*During COVID-19 Pandemic there will be a locked drop box in the lobby to submit sales records."

I'll give it a shot. If I have to mail it, then that's fine as well. Appreciate the help!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear View Post
    Even easier.

Have the seller fill out the RI-60. He has all the firearm info.
    Technically, the seller is required to complete it:

RI-060 INSTRUCTIONS: "The Seller shall complete the Purchaser Information, Pistol Information and Seller Information sections legibly and completely and may retain the Seller Copy."